Port Henry =- 11/25

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
ChessieMan
Species: trout/salmon

Port Henry =- 11/25

Post by ChessieMan »

Some days you win, Some days you lose, some days you don't pitch.

I was pitchin' today, but missing the plate - even after Fishy gave us his blessing at the launch on his way to his "secret shore spot".

We ran right up to the 100' foot line, got the lines in and in 5 minutes we had a little slimer - OK,no problem, it's a fish - the ice is broken, now we can get down to business.

Few more minutes and Scott's on the rod again - this time a chunky brown

Ah, that's more like it!

And then things went south - we had a slow steady pick on lake trout - even some very nice ones

But where or where did the salmon go? We ended up with 2 salmon, 1 brown and 11 lakers - WonderBread HB - was a wonder on lakers.

I guess you shouldn't complain about catching fish when you go fishing, that's kind of the point - but I did get a little spoiled my previous 3 trips - Oh well, Friday is another day.
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: Port Henry =- 11/25

Post by fishy1 »

great report chessieman looks like you done okay. did you catch those lakers up high? any birds? that is a nice chunky brown. i didnt do well up north didnt fish my favorite spot had company.
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

Those last few reports you made are a tough act to follow! :D

I finally made it to that area in my kayak. The south wind has kept me off all week. Ironically, I had to work today-- on the first day the weather was good. Drove me crazy, driving to work instead of to the lake. Well, I rushed to the lake afterwards, and fished the last couple hours of light.

As soon as I hit 60', I caught a fat brown-- my first real Champlain brown! Rainbow Kroc, right on the surface! No diver or weights! I've been trying for a Champlain brown for a while, so that made my day.

Shortly after that, I caught a respectable laker, also on the surface.

I knew I probably should have stayed in that zone, but there were a couple boats to the north,in an area I'd been admiring from shore, and I wanted to say hi. There was also some serious bird activity to the north but it was over by the time I arrived.

Short and sweet.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

andric congratulations on your ist champlain brown good job. rainbow kroc what a lure. have you tried the honey bee casting lures out there yet
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Nice to see so many active Champlain Brown trout...thanks for the reports!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry