shore fishing for walleyes and pan fish updated may 15 2019 huge eye

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Re: shore fishing for walleyes and pan fish

Post by tamiron »

fishy1 wrote:. thats whats great about lake champlain united members sharing and more.
You said it all fishy ;)
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

Traci and I are going to see if we can some slime eels this weekend.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

Sawyer wrote:Traci and I are going to see if we can some slime eels this weekend.
good luck don and traci
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

7/27/2018 went up north this time taking my great nephew cole along for some shore fishing. we started fishing at 7:50 am with the bite of white perch on and big ones. cole was casting a panther martin had lots of hits but couldnt hook them. i could only fish with one rod as they were hitting before hitting bottom so i gave my other worm rod to cole to use . some have asked me what my worm rods are so here we go they are 7 ft. shimano stimulus med to heavy action with shimano reels to match the rods. to me there perfect for using heavy sinkers when needed and good hook set power i only use these rods for bottom fishing dragging bottom and jigging no spin casting. we ended up a good run and they died off. we hit the tail end of the run. got some nice white perch this morning and all put up a good fight. 2 times this week the big ones were on fire.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Sorry Matt, I woke up in the middle of the night and realized that I forget your pic.
Attachments
19098.jpeg
19098.jpeg (111.54 KiB) Viewed 6980 times
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

thanks jeff. i had 15 in the cooler 10 were between 1 lb and 1.3 lbs each. heading your way shortly for some trolling.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

7/30/2018 went up north again this morning solo and the place was full of fisherman so i figured the bite was on. but it wasnt at ist as most left by 9 am . i stayed with a steady bite until noon catching whites yellows and 1 smallie. but everything on the small size but some keepers . kept 9 yellows and 13 whites and 2 big bullhead.
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

Full of fishermen because they know you were there Matt
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

headed up north again for some pan fishing and anything that bites kind of day. started fishing in rain showers at 7 am got pretty wet. when it slowed moved out away from everyone and walked out on this point that i been eyeing. threw out my ist worm rod it hit bottom really quickly so it was shallow there but the line kept going before i could close the bail and fish on. couldnt even guess what was on the end of the line till i got it in and it was a nice largemouth bass. then the bite was fast and furious with sunnies and yellow perch.but within 25 minutes the sun came out and it was hot there. didnt carry my cooler over there as it was about 100 yards from where i fish. so didnt want to ruin my catch walked back and put the fish in the cooler on ice and stayed at my original spot where it was cooler. the bite was slow there did catch some nice sunnies . met a guy near me married to a girl from my hometown from years ago. he asked me if i wanted a couple of crappies and i said sure. it was about noon and we were both getting ready to leave i had a good bite . started my retrieve and fish on but not not much of a fight but kind of heavy. got it in and we both were in amazement i caught someones ice jigging rod. :lol: :lol: :lol: sent the pic to jeff hope he post it later along with the bass.
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

Here they are Matt.
Attachments
8630.jpeg
8630.jpeg (208.93 KiB) Viewed 6857 times
8598.jpeg
8598.jpeg (115.25 KiB) Viewed 6857 times
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

Nice Bass Matt. Maby the ice rod is Keith's LOl
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

:lol: Oh wow that's funny that you caught a rod!

I sure wished I could fish this morning-- I've been yearning for a cloudy day! but I had to work.

Monday morning I got a late start (again) and tried for crappies near where you've been fishing in VT. I caught a couple nice ones, but just a couple. It's been a few years since I caught them in any numbers there. The ones I did catch were in shallower water than I expected-- maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.

Work is about to slow down for August, and I will soon be fishing with a little more serious intention (that is to say, waking up early!). I have a friend who wants to trade lamb for crappie fillets, so I'd better get busy!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

8/2/2018 headed up north to see if could get my nephews son cole a walleye from shore that didnt happen as he lost one and missed a couple but we went down to my white perch spot and we dd very well in less than 2 hours. the whites were big and we caught some big yellows to ist big ones i landed in that spot 10 to 12 inches. the highlight of the day was when i had to go to the bathroom and told cole to fish with my rods and pull his in. when i was coming back i was talking with a guy who fishes every day for bass and walleyes when he looked over and saw cole with a good fish on. ran over with his net and cole landed a nice smallie. he also caught a nice white perch when i was gone. so i started fishing again with one rod and let him fish with my other. sent 2 pics to jeff hoping he post pics for me. :D
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

Just got back from my wife's anniversary dinner Matt, here you go
Attachments
8715.jpeg
8715.jpeg (90.19 KiB) Viewed 6779 times
8713.jpeg
8713.jpeg (92.77 KiB) Viewed 6779 times
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

went up north today to fish with my daughter and maybe wayne . started fishing at 7 am with not much luck except for 1 bullhead, then my daughter got there around 9 am and wayne soon after. told them lets walk out on that point if we can . south wind would be a good spot as the depth is less than 10 feet and some weeds. as soon as i tossed out my worm rods fish on. yellow perch were there. then my daughter caught a gizzard shad and i caught one also. for about 10 minutes we caught several of them. then about 11 am my daughter decided to come down to our house for a fish dinner bullhead and bass but i decided to stay. and glad i did as the wind picked up the perch bite did. not overly big but 8 inchers for nice fillets. stayed till noon when i could hear thunder close by headed for the car and glad i did wow did it rain. ended my fishing but kept about 25 yellow perch and 3 bullhead. wayne didnt fish as he had some errands to run.