shore fishing for walleyes and pan fish updated may 15 2019 huge eye

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: shore fishing for walleyes and pan fish

Post by fishy1 »

GSP wrote:Thanks for the info! You’ll have to do a youtube video one of these days. I’m sure it would help quite a few people.

Edit: found a few videos showing the old school method. Thanks again!
i learned years ago by myself after i heard about the indian way been doing it since its so easy and you wont have the bellies on where most of the contaminents are even my pan fish i cut the bellies off .
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Mr. Gill wrote:Matt.....how do you cook them, deep fry? Coating?
everyone says my wife cooks fish the best and she does everything simple roll them in flour and put them in a fry pan with vegetable oil. bullhead need to be fried crispy. hope this helps john she is the best cooking all fish. no seasoning and fancy stuff for us plain and simple and yum yum.
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

That's a nice pile of fish!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

headed across the big pond today and walked to a spot i havent been in years and boy was i glad. from 7:30 am to 10:30 am non stop bullhead bites. decided today to toss the big ones back and only keep the medium ones and only 20 . so at 10:30 am i had 20 and left. caught maybe 10 yellow perch and 10 white perch to. all on 15 crawler.Image
tossed many of these big ones back today .
Mr. Gill
Species: Bluegills

Post by Mr. Gill »

The panfish assassin strikes again! Way to go, Matt.
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

They are good looking Bullhead Matt. They look healthy this year.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

4/23/2019 headed across the big pond today for some bullhead action. wasnt dissapointed but the water was really high so i only had once choice and old dock to fish off. before i even got my other rod out i land 2 bullhead but small let them go. then for the next 2 hours bite was steady the last hour only 4 bites. around 9 am i land a fat carp. i left a little after 11 am or so catching over 20 bullhead and keeping 12 for my niece. also landed 2 carp and 2 small channel cats.ImageImage
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Fishy,
Nice channel cat! Bet it would have tasted fine at that size!!
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

tamiron wrote:Fishy,
Nice channel cat! Bet it would have tasted fine at that size!!
jim i found years ago a small cat like that is all bone not much meat on them. i only keep 1 catfish to eat a year maybe 6 or 7 lbs.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

5/4/2019 headed across the big pond this morning for opening day of walleye. put on a neon purple moon eye jig 1/2 ounce tipped with a crawler the water was fast and high. fished from 7:30 am to 10:30 am with only 2 hits and noone home. didnt see any caught either. a freind up farthur jigging out of his boat had landed 6 but 4 were shorts. just heard from them there still out.
Adkhare
Species: All of em

Post by Adkhare »

Not sure if you noticed but Walleye talk is kept quiet and it’s for a reason , did you ever consider your friend may not want their business broadcast? I haven’t noticed where they posted
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Adkhare wrote:Not sure if you noticed but Walleye talk is kept quiet and it’s for a reason , did you ever consider your friend may not want their business broadcast? I haven’t noticed where they posted
my freind posted on facebook pics and all for everyone to see so i dont think he minds at all.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

5/7/2019 headed across the big pond this morning to fish for walleyes after going over to home depot for some stuff. got back and started fishing after breaksfast at 10 am with only 1 fisherman there and the rain began. current was strong so i decided to let my neon purple moon eye jig attached with a crawler on it just drift down with the current then making some jigs bringing it in. my 4th cast jig stopped and rod tipped bent fish on only to lose a nice walleye on shore. good start but then the rain came down in buckets so when the jig stopped on bottom left it and got in my suv. nothing so i would run out every 10 minutes or so and cast out again with no luck. the at 11:15 rain slowed started drifting again on my last jig near shore fish stopped me dead bouncing the rod tip wildly but just as fast as the hit he was gone. left at noon for home after picking up some trash near the water.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

5/15/2019 headed across the big pond today targeting walleyes with my freind josh. got there around 7:30 after stopping for breaksfast. i put on neon moon jogs topped with crawlers and i gave josh 2 also for his 2 rods. wast long josh yelling i have a fish on ran up with the net but he lost it. about 10 minutes later josh yelled again got a fish on ran up with the net and netted a nice walleye high 5,s were in order. then after about 5 minutes josh got hung up and lost a jig told him to hurry and get it back out there is a school there left the net with him. got back to my rods and josh yells matt got a big one on dont think its and eye. ran back up there and asked him if it was peeling drag he said no only when he hooked it. i said to josh you got a big eye on work him slow to the shore. josh says im nervous i said stay calm and ill get him in the net.took awhile to get him near shore and a few boils as he wanted to stay down. i kept the net back away from the water and after awhile we saw it was a huge walleye. put the net in and missed ugh. told josh to stay calm and he got i back up and i slid the net right under him and we have a huge eye in the net. josh,s eyes were as big as saucers. i looked at josh and i said josh you got yourself a lci basin derby entree right there and a wall mounter. we fished some more for awhile and left for norms bait and tackle to weigh the fish in. it was 28 and 1/4 inches and 10.7 lbs. what a girth on it. i got a hold of ed barber and he is going to mount it for josh. josh told me on the way home that if he catches another big eye its going back in the water. he is happy with this one. talked josh into getting into the derby and josh just goImaget his non resident vt fishing license yesterday.ImageImagebbva branch hours
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Re: shore fishing for walleyes and pan fish updated may 15 2019 huge eye

Post by tamiron »

One great fish!! A team effort! Congratulations to both of you!
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen