shore fishing for walleyes and pan fish updated may 15 2019 huge eye

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Re: shore fishing for walleyes and pan fish

Post by C-Hawk »

Can't wait until you are fishing with all three grandchildren. 8 lines Matt, I think you can do it.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

8/24/2018 went across the big pond again hoping for some more eye action but not to be this morning. slow and even the whites were on the small side full moon. ugh. talked to 4 trollers and they got skunked even though there fish finders located fish. i cant complain i had a good week. 3 in a boat was launching around 11:30 am and i was telleing them it was a slow day and i didnt have any more moon eye jigs . the guy walks over to me with a plastic box opens it up and says here take what you want. he had a bunch of them . told him no thanks i would be leaving soon and would go to dicks to buy some. he then said rack and reel has them and sports afield. thanked him for the info and will check it out. there are lots of nice fisherman out there in both states and im glad to meet them. :D :D :D :D :D
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

Haha I was just about to say I saw the Mooneyes at Rack n Reel! Those jigs aren't cheap-- I've never convinced myself to buy them, even though some crappie guys swear by them. I lose too many jigs! But after seeing your success with them I might have to reconsider :D

Generosity is it's own reward. It feels good to share tackle with other fishermen who need it, if you have a surplus, and that's worth alot. I've been helped out at crucial moments, too.

Rack n Reel is a great store. Their prices are slightly high, but they keep a lot in stock.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

C-Hawk wrote:Can't wait until you are fishing with all three grandchildren. 8 lines Matt, I think you can do it.
jeff that will be 12 in new york 3 each. :lol: :lol: :lol:
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

troutcrazy wrote:Haha I was just about to say I saw the Mooneyes at Rack n Reel! Those jigs aren't cheap-- I've never convinced myself to buy them, even though some crappie guys swear by them. I lose too many jigs! But after seeing your success with them I might have to reconsider :D

Generosity is it's own reward. It feels good to share tackle with other fishermen who need it, if you have a surplus, and that's worth alot. I've been helped out at crucial moments, too.

Rack n Reel is a great store. Their prices are slightly high, but they keep a lot in stock.
yes they arnt cheap but they are the best jigs i ever used and the success speaks for theirselves. used them for the ist time in the niagara river after buying them in cabela,s out there. . going to check out rack and reel today. fmb bait here couldnt get them for me so ill have to shop elsewhere. got the variety pack at dicks for $8.79 8 in a pack. going to try to get the green they had the best success on 2 rivers.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

8/25/2018 went across the pond again this morning with no jigs so used my worm rod with sinker and hook. the bite was there immediatly with bullhead then white perch. for the next 4 hours non stop action. im guessing i landed 90 whites as i filleted 52 . kept only 8 and 1/2 and up caught lots after 10 am under 8 and 1/2. headed out at 11:20 am and headed to rack and reel hoping for my neon moon eye jigs. got there and they had them a little pricey but i needed them as they are tough to get and they produce. thanks all that put me on rack and reel in new haven.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

8/26/2018 took the day off today to go up and buy my new field and stream angler 8 boat. also visited gander outdoors that had there grand opeining in the mall in plattsburgh yesterday. i was impressed bought some neon moon eye jigs some trilene big game and they gave me a gander pail for shopping. i noticed in the parking lot lots of green plates. hope you liked the new gander outdoors they need something up in that area. they said as soon as they get a certified scale they will be a weigh in station for the lci basin derby.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

8/30/2018 headed over across the big pond again today after not fishing for 5 days . ugh. i was very dissapointed with the results. started fishing in the same hole and the ist hour not one bite with a jig tipped with a crawler and a sinker hook worm rod. i just could not beleive this was the same spot. around 8:30 am started getting some bites and they turned out to be 5 inch white perch. left at 10:30 am with 1 bullhead and a few small whites. the fish dissapeard
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

8/30/2018 as i was going up to pick my field and stream angler 8 up i lost my brakes on my pickup 3 days later it was fixed and ready to go. so thursday night i picked it up and went over to dicks to pick up my boat finally after purchasing it last sunday. it fit in the back of my pickup perfectly. here are some pics and 1 what it will soon look like. i will be able to handle it myself and wont need boat launches either so ill be able to move around and hit some spots very easily. cant wait to get it rigged. already bought a minn kota 40 lb thrust electric motor and will be adding a fish finder and 2 down riggers to it.
cant load pics now
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Here is a pic of the same boat
Attachments
9444.jpeg
9444.jpeg (115.39 KiB) Viewed 2156 times
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Nice looking boat, congrats.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

NICE!!!
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

That is going to be a great fishing machine!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

9/3/2018 labor day got to take alayna across the big pond for some shore fishing before school starts wednesday. she caught lots fo white perch yellow perch and lots a nice eye. before we left alayna asked me if there were any snakes there and i told her never seen one there. so i guess i was really surprised at 10 am when she started screaming papa you lied to me there is a snake in the water. i looked down and sure enough a small northern water snake and it scared off. so alayna wouldnt sit back down and she had a couple of bites and i grabbed the left worm rod and i had something on but not fighting when i got it to shore we busted out laughing along with 2 boaters i just caught someones watch. it said 10:25 on it. we laughed for a long time and alayna soon forgot the snake. we kept 16 nice size white perch and 1 rock bass. before we left alayna lost a nice eye right near shore. jeff is on his way home hoping he will post pics tommorrow.