9474.jpeg
9474.jpeg (134.85 KiB) Viewed 3118 times
9472.jpeg
9472.jpeg (133.49 KiB) Viewed 3118 times
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: shore fishing for walleyes and pan fish

Post by fishy1 »

9/18/2018 still to warm for trout ponds so i headed across the big pond today for some pan fish action and maybe land a walleye. started fishing at 7:10 am and the bite was fast and furious with white perch bullhead and some yellows. not only was the bite there but they were very aggressive and easy to catch some got hooked on the way down to the bottom. ended up keeping a half of a cooler of mostly white perch some yellows and 11 bullhead. it was fun but now back to the trout ponds supposed to cool.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

9/21/2018 ended up going north this morning for some walleye action and pan fish with jeff . started raining right after a stop at dunkin donuts and didnt stop . we fished for awhile catching a couple of nice yellow perch and rock bass. just before we left had a good run and a miss. im thinking walleye all the way and it got the whole crawler. jeff then got on the ferry and headed to camp skyland not after riding across the lake with 6 footers come over the bow. hope everything stays calm for you there jeff.
we got to get together soon again.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

9/25/2018 headed north this morning for some pan fish action before the rain set in. landed 14 big yellow perch and 5 big pumpkinseeds. before the rain set in. 9:20 am then went down farthur to fish another spot close to the car was there an hour one little perch. all perch were kept and were 9 to 11 inches.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

9/26/2018 thunderstorms in the forecast for today in the afternoon so decided to stay close to my vehicle and im glad i did. no thunderstorms but rained hard mostly all morning fishing for pan fish and maybe and eye. had to move 4 times to find a place to fish closer to my vehicle. caught fish in every spot . landed some nice big perch 9 white suckers and some sunnies. the highlight of the day was my ist spot walking out in the rain i heard a splash looked across and what is saw coming across stunned me and i took off a big black bear. sorry no pics headed to the car to close for my comfort. i was about 75 yards from my car. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

10/2/2018 suppposed to be a wash out today so i headed across the big pond for some pan fishing and maybe get lucky with a walleye. bite started slow at 6:35 am with a light rain falling but picked up soon with some nice size bullhead and a few white perch. then eric joined me (bootstrap) fishing with 1 rod and jigging for walleyes . he wasnt there long and fish on he lands a nice size carp but dissapointed it wasnt an eye. short while later he lands another carp much smaller. i went to one rod for catfish and one with my worm rod. had a good catch of bullhead so far but then the bite slowed as little white perch and yellow perch took over and i mean small dont think i ever caught them that small. :o :o :o eric caught a couple of nice perch and then the stunner. using a 1/2 ounce sonar jigging he land a crappie. neither one of us have never caught a crappie on something that big . :o :o :o then sometime around 11 am the rain came down heavy. i then followed eric to his house to see his lure collection. it was awsome and most were new never used. he had a good number of my favorite walleye stick baits the rebel fast tracs. they dont make them anymore. i had a pretty good morning for bullhead might have lost and eye or 2 but not really positive but they did stay down and didnt swim sideways.Image
Stéphane
Species: Salmon,laker,brown,white fish

Post by Stéphane »

This crappie is black crappie very good to eat.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Stéphane wrote:This crappie is black crappie very good to eat.
yes it is and were having it for dinner tonight along with the yellow perch and bullhead. :)
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Stéphane wrote:This crappie is black crappie very good to eat.
yes it is and were having it for dinner tonight along with perch and bullhead. :)
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Here is Matt with a real trophy
Attachments
10216.jpeg
10216.jpeg (123.73 KiB) Viewed 2592 times
Mr. Gill
Species: Bluegills

Post by Mr. Gill »

Nice one, Matt!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

10/6/2018 i took a break from climbing mtns today for trout fishing crossed the big pond to do some pan fishing and maybe get lucky catch an eye although not targeting them today. started fishing at 8 am and the bite was slow but steady no whites this morning but bullhead. i fished until after 11 am with almost 3/4,s of a pail of nice size bullhead. it was a blast .Imagephoto upload websiteImagewebsite upload images
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

10/7/2018 got to take alayna across the big pond today for some pan fish action and bullhead. very slow start with lots of little pan fish stealing the worms and small bullhead but she kept plugging in and out of the car staying warm . channel cat (scott) was also with us. but at least she was getting bites the wind was brutal on her. the current was really picking up around 10:30 am and the bullhead became more active and a little bigger. we had thrown many back small. just before scott left the bullhead started biting good as i was tossing our rods out furthur. scott left and bam alayna was catching bullhead every 5 minutes till she said pa pa i think we have enough for mema uncle joey and wayne. so i took them out of the pail and putting them on ice in the cooler as she counted them 36 i said well done enough lets go get some lunch at mcdonalds. got to mcdonalds and 2 bus loads of people there ugh. went home and we had chicken noodle soup sandwiches and dunking them in our soup. here are some pics of today. our goal tommorrow is a trout pond for her hoping to catch a nice male brookie for her to have mounted by our freind reel fun (ed barber).
here is scott

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

The Bullhead are doing good this year Matt. We hope Alayny gets a nice big Male Brooke. We will be looking at the forum tomarrow night to see how you two do. Traci and i will be up soon for a day or two to see if we can catch a Salmon or somthing to put in the pan. Then we will be going to Main to hunt some Grouse and clean the camp so we can go back for the First Week of Deer hunting. Traci has never hunted Main so it sounds fun. We have seen 7 Black bear in the last two weeks here around our house. Traci will harvest one if she can see a good one to eat.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Sawyer wrote:The Bullhead are doing good this year Matt. We hope Alayny gets a nice big Male Brooke. We will be looking at the forum tomarrow night to see how you two do. Traci and i will be up soon for a day or two to see if we can catch a Salmon or somthing to put in the pan. Then we will be going to Main to hunt some Grouse and clean the camp so we can go back for the First Week of Deer hunting. Traci has never hunted Main so it sounds fun. We have seen 7 Black bear in the last two weeks here around our house. Traci will harvest one if she can see a good one to eat.
awsome don and traci good luck. sent you a pm