Saturday fishing with my son

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
pierre
Species: salmon

Saturday fishing with my son

Post by pierre »

Saturday on the water with my eldest son, Derek, and one of his friends, Patrick, near Montreal: walleye fishing

The day started early, we left home at 4h30 am, at 7 km from home my son's friend says: I forgot my fishing license in my car so we turned back and went to get his fishing permit which he had forgotten. We leave and make a stop at Tim Horton's on our way to the ramp. We meet Gerry and one of his friends .

We started fishing at 6.30 am, I managed the first fish: a PERCHE, my only fish in the boat of the day and that's okay, I'am hoping for the boys to get some fish as it is the first time that my son Derek comes fishing with me in my boat.

As the day goes on we manage a few bass but couldn't manage to get them in the boat and then late in the day my son shouts FISH-ON --- FISH-ON; as the fish comes to the surface we see a nice walleye, once in the boat we are all hoping that it's legal to keep 21 '', yes it's legal. Derek is very prowd and happy, I'm very glad. We at least got one nice fish before the end of the day. We start fishing again and a few minutes later my son yells FISH-ON; this time it's a bass, his day was made. We set up and restart fishing and again I hear FISH-ON but this time it's Patrick, my son's friend: a nice bass he is very hapy, it's his biggest fish ever. We restarted fishing and then bang; FISH-ON again and this time it's a nice walleye but unfortumately it had to go back in the water cause it's too big, 23''. We take a few pictures and back in the water. We restart and again Patrick yells FISH-ON and it's a nice walleye 26" and again too big so a few picutres and back in the water.

We had to get out of the water by 4 pm as Derek and Patrick had a hockey game at 9 pm and after the game a supper for the end of the baseball season. They would have prefered having no other obligations in order to keep on fishing. Their night ended at 1 am the next morning, they are young as for me I was in bed by 8 pm. I had a great day and so did they. I'll be out there soon again.

pierre

Pier waves spoons
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: Saturday fishing with my son

Post by raz »

That's great. Smiling faces and fish!
Those walleye are simply beautiful.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
WildFisherWoman
Species: The Toothiest N Meanest!

Post by WildFisherWoman »

What lovely Walleyes! Great times there :D
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"
Dockside

Post by Dockside »

Cool man! :D
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

It was a beautiful day on the water.
Thanks Pierre for the invitation.
We launched at the same time and followed Pierre to his fishing ground. We landed a nice small bass early in the day, so it was a good sign. Unfortunalety as time passed, the rods kept quiet. We tried trolling and jigging, but no takers for a few hours. Then one rod fired... 6 seconds later it stopped. The line was cut clean. Looks like a pike is now wearing a nice jig on his lip. We continued jigging and trolling until 2 PM then headed back back to the ramp. I guess we left a little bit too early as per Pierre saying, the good biting started after 3 PM.
Thanks a lot Pierre for sharing your walleye fishing tricks and showing me some great places to go. I hope next time fish will be more cooperative.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
odysse68
Species: walleye, salmon

Post by odysse68 »

Pierre, another nice day on the water. I know exactly where you were :geek: . I went there on sunday and it was so so. We went few miles south and we fished deeper during the sunlight. We finished the day wtih 11 in the livewel, one to big and 7 too small. It was a very nice Sunday and I never saw so much boats on Lake St-Louis in September.
pierre

Post by pierre »

Wow!! Luc looks like you did a nice job, good for you guys. We had a lot of fun too, not too many fish but a lot of pleasure and I think tha's what counts ....
Pierre
Pier waves spoons
pierre

Post by pierre »

Gerry mabe nextime will get them :D
Pier waves spoons
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Very nice report.. Thanks for the looks.
bumpnrun

Post by bumpnrun »

nice fish and a great day,maybe this winter we could get a hockey game going any takers.BUMP.
Roger Lav