Small bait...

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
dreamcatcher
Species: Champlain Fishes

Small bait...

Post by dreamcatcher »

This is my second time trying to post, I was previewing and bang everything was shut off gone. :( So short and sweet caught fish today with out detail about the one that got off. Ran small bait program today. Image Here's a couple of videos of a couple fish. Image Image Picked at these most of the day there thats it I'm done! P.S. Was nice saying hello to Reelax today and chating. Man I HATE COMPUTERS!!!
KEN K.
plantstone

Re: Small bait...

Post by plantstone »

Looks like you had the slidebite fire. Good job, thanks for sharing.
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

NIce day on the water and small "match the hatch" presentation is a good strategy.
champlain fisher
Species: salmonoids

Post by champlain fisher »

That bottom stick bait has done well for me in the past. That pattern seems to work well on Champlain.
Salmon, the other pink meat.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Thanks for the update. We tried a challenger just like the bottom once you gave us the tip, but it didn't fire:( nice seeing you out there and great results!
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Thanks for the post. Great you were able to keep the skunk off the boat.
Great job on the vids.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
dreamcatcher

Post by dreamcatcher »

champlain fisher wrote:That bottom stick bait has done well for me in the past. That pattern seems to work well on Champlain.
Ya champlain fisher; last year I did better this time of year [Aug.-Sept.] running small baits in the bay seams to work good, problem is though you take chances when you get a big one on because of the size of the hooks! Yesterday thats what happened, had one comeing in then it did a 180 and did'nt look back. Could'nt hold him, plus I run 8lb. :lol:
Reelax wrote:Thanks for the update. We tried a challenger just like the bottom once you gave us the tip, but it didn't fire:( nice seeing you out there and great results!
Reelax; the 3rd one down was the best one of them all, was better with that little chop happening!
Digitroll (Ron) wrote:NIce day on the water and small "match the hatch" presentation is a good strategy.
Ron thats my thought also! Thanks Raz, it was an acheivement thats for sure! :lol:
KEN K.
Surprise
Species: FROSTBITING

Post by Surprise »

Hey Dreamcatcher, JMO and others may notice and suggest too. Change up your treble spoon hooks to singles.

Catch and hold more fish, Rips fewer lips, Easier to remove with forceps & less handling of fish.

I personally use # 2 Gamakatsu Siwash . Super sharp and have a very small barb.

Best luck and welcome aboard. Fish On ! Randy
Fish On!
dreamcatcher

Post by dreamcatcher »

Thanks Randy; I know what you mean about treble hooks. I'll need to try some trout hooks on these. The mooselooks/flashkings are 1"7/8's and the stick baits are 2 1/2", #2's would be to big I think. [weight] I use number 2's on all my lures that I make, also same kind. :) Thanks again!
KEN K.
JDK
Species: Togue

Post by JDK »

Those small mooselooks/flashkings are a goto here in northern Maine when the salmon are feeding on YOY smelt.