nice afternoon on the Inland Sea

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
squaretail
Species: lately.. white perch

nice afternoon on the Inland Sea

Post by squaretail »

We fished south of cedar island this afternoon. I caught 2 small salmon, 2 bass and 20+ white perch.
One of the salmon was right on top and hit on a brass/orange bee while I was setting up the downrigger. The second one hit on a mottled green mp6 down 30ft. All fish returned to the lake to grow. The water is still 60+ degrees on the probe at 50ft, and it looked like the salmon were coming up to feed. One jumped out of the water about 20 feet away, that was cool, not sure what he was chasing, maybe he just came up for a look at us.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: nice afternoon on the Inland Sea

Post by raz »

Thanks for the report Joe.
If you got out in the afternoon, we probably just missed each other. I was fishin' aboard Reelax and got dropped off at Apple Island docks about noonish.
Can't wait for the fishin to heat back up!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
plantstone

Post by plantstone »

Good Job pulling up this IS fish. You never know what you may have on...
WildFisherWoman
Species: The Toothiest N Meanest!

Post by WildFisherWoman »

Could it be? The IS salmon awaking?!
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"
squaretail
Species: lately.. white perch

Post by squaretail »

Raz wrote:Thanks for the report Joe.
If you got out in the afternoon, we probably just missed each other. I was fishin' aboard Reelax and got dropped off at Apple Island docks about noonish.
Can't wait for the fishin to heat back up!
Raz,
I think I saw you guys over by the cowbanks when Joan and I got there just a little after noon. I would have liked to have been on the lake earlier but that's tough sometimes on saturday.
-Joe
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Nice top water action... We should have stayed on the IS in the afternoon... We ended up in front of the Lamoile and didnt Do any salmon.
Vtfishinglady
Species: Bass, Northern, Salmon

Post by Vtfishinglady »

We were out there too in the Therapy cruiser for 5 hours, leaving very discouraged around 1pm.. Please feel free to say hi. We tried to say Hi but no responses or you guys were on a different channel. We fished all morning with varied depths (10-60') and presentations and no salmon. Tons of perch, a few smallmouth because of the shallow fishing.

Terri
Dockside

Post by Dockside »

They are catching them off the bridge if thats any help?
Vtfishinglady
Species: Bass, Northern, Salmon

Post by Vtfishinglady »

Dockside wrote:They are catching them off the bridge if thats any help?
Thanks Ben, wow that's shallow. We can't really get in that close but we'll keep on plugging away until we take out.
Doing a new kind of fishing after being on the water for so many years and to be a 'newbie' again is tough. Catching those perch or even smallmouths on that kind of gear isn't very sporting. At one point after a couple of dipsies tangled, so they wouldn't fire, I couldn't reel any more with my right arm. Had to change to reel with my left arm but backwards. Luckily the weather was beautiful all weekend so it was still great to be on the water.

Terri