Who's fishing this week-end? and where ?

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Who's fishing this week-end? and where ?

Post by Reelax »

Vtfishinglady wrote:I think I must be missing something (not surprising). If many of you folks are fishing the river mouths, are you still fishing in shallow water? Or are you still trolling in deep water, just across from a river mouth?

Thanks,

Good question... I say deeper water, fishing in top 30ft of it... Homewrecker says the cold night before may push them into shallows and he wants to get right up into the skinny stuff... He likes to drive, and I like to rig poles, so he may get his choice... I think we will need plan a,b,c, and even d to boat a salmon. If we were fishing for dinner we may starve :roll: But a slow day on the lake is still better than a fast day on land. :shock: Looks to be flat and calm from the reports I am reading... but they can be wrong...

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/burl ... _champlain
Matt B
bow65lb
Species: Bass

Post by bow65lb »

My 1st post on the new site... If all goes well, I'll be out chasing bass in the IS... Had real good luck last Friday by the drawbridge. Black/Purple senko's (texas and Wacki rigged).
Vtfishinglady
Species: Bass, Northern, Salmon

Post by Vtfishinglady »

Reelax wrote:
Vtfishinglady wrote:I think I must be missing something (not surprising). If many of you folks are fishing the river mouths, are you still fishing in shallow water? Or are you still trolling in deep water, just across from a river mouth?

Thanks,

Good question... I say deeper water, fishing in top 30ft of it... Homewrecker says the cold night before may push them into shallows and he wants to get right up into the skinny stuff... He likes to drive, and I like to rig poles, so he may get his choice... I think we will need plan a,b,c, and even d to boat a salmon. If we were fishing for dinner we may starve :roll: But a slow day on the lake is still better than a fast day on land. :shock: Looks to be flat and calm from the reports I am reading... but they can be wrong...

http://www.windfinder.com/forecast/burl ... _champlain
Thank you Reelax! I sincerely appreciate the help. You can say we've been fishing for dinner. Chris hasn't wanted to buy any salmon for dinner since we're been trying for salmon, as he wants to catch his own. We've now gone without for about a month now. :? Hardly a hardship, but chicken and lean cuisines gets old.....

I hope you can put a few in your boat... I am hoping for one big enough for dinner.

Terri
mac
Species: Salmon, Trout and Bass

Post by mac »

Nice weekend for Fishing.. Goodluck to all...
Themug
Species: All Champlain fishes!!

Post by Themug »

Got a new fish finder I haven't tried out yet, so I'll be out there this weekend!! Maybe Kingsland area on Saturday???? And perhaps Sunday I'll break out the fly rod for some brown trout action. Can't wait!!
JK47
Species: All Species

Post by JK47 »

Hope to be on the water by 10:30 tomorrow. Launching from apple and nailing bass and pike.

The shorelines south of keeler were holding fish last weekend.

Have fun and hope to see you guys out there!
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Thanks,
Same question in my mind....I'm thinkin both. Skinny water early, deeper as the sun rises.
We'll see. By the sounds of the news coming from the Salmon Hole, the rivers are full, over-full. Might not be any left in the lake?
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
plantstone

Post by plantstone »

Hoping to be out tomorrow, depends on my Honey Do list today...

Where? Always the question. Wind and reports always influence my location. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

As far as salmon in the shallows, They've been near the surface just out of the Grande Isle ferry launch. My buddy was flyfsihing for them and watching them churn at the surface. Ended up catching an 18" brown on a wooly bugger from shore.
Reel Delight (Walt)
Species: Trout, Salmon, & other

Post by Reel Delight (Walt) »

I didn't fish Champ this weekend, instead I tried Lk Geo with little to brag about. All I did was hit the Lake Trout nursery there. My first fish of the day was a 2 lb. smallie right off the bottom at 115 ft. Talk about strange fishing lately, that SMB was surely confused.

We will hit Champ this tue. or wed and see if things are better.

The best part of the weekend was just getting my boat out on the water as it was the first time in 3 weeks that I was able to launch my boat with my recent surgery. I am still healing and a little sore; but it felt good to start up my engine and go.
Retired & ready to fish!
Arima Sea Ranger "Reel Delight"
Past President of the Lake George Fishing Alliance
member of the US Power Squadron and USN Vet.
Formerly AKA "Fishing Eagle"
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Glad to hear you are well enough to get back out Walt.. Thanks for the report.
Fishbone
Species: Salmon,trout

Post by Fishbone »

Poor fishing week-end..Willsboro bay, Winnooski area & Ausable River area.. only couple small white fish. Finished the week-end & my wife lost a 3 to 4 pounds rainbow. We fished all week-end on the down rigger 60 to 80 '. We finished the week-end by trolling back home from Valcour Island to Tradewell Bay Marina with the light rods and swimming tackle.. Jackall 15+. At approx 16:30 in 100' deep of water at approx. 300' from the Grand Isle ferries (line) on west side. BANG my wife got a hit a 3 to 4 pounds Rainbow trout or salmon ..jumped a couple time out of the water and cut the line... oh well at least it finished the week-end on a bite note. But what a wonderful week-end we had. The lesson I am getting from this week-end is ... Rainbows or Salmon comes up to feed.. Next time I will keep a couple light rods each side of the boat with swim baits at about 15 to 20' when trolling with the down riggers.

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17 ... ep101.jpg/]Image[/URL]

That's the lure my wife had on the line when she got the hit .. but was Muscle Deep 15+ model

Life is good.

Dan ;)
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

That's a fun to read report fishbone Dan...
Yes, life is good!

Thanks for posting!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

fishbone wrote:Poor fishing week-end..Willsboro bay, Winnooski area & Ausable River area.. only couple small white fish. Finished the week-end & my wife lost a 3 to 4 pounds rainbow. We fished all week-end on the down rigger 60 to 80 '. We finished the week-end by trolling back home from Valcour Island to Tradewell Bay Marina with the light rods and swimming tackle.. Jackall 15+. At approx 16:30 in 100' deep of water at approx. 300' from the Grand Isle ferries (line) on west side. BANG my wife got a hit a 3 to 4 pounds Rainbow trout or salmon ..jumped a couple time out of the water and cut the line... oh well at least it finished the week-end on a bite note. But what a wonderful week-end we had. The lesson I am getting from this week-end is ... Rainbows or Salmon comes up to feed.. Next time I will keep a couple light rods each side of the boat with swim baits at about 15 to 20' when trolling with the down riggers.

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17 ... ep101.jpg/]Image[/URL]

That's the lure my wife had on the line when she got the hit .. but was Muscle Deep 15+ model

Life is good.

Dan ;)

I always liked trolling those lipped crankbaits ;) Also, try a shallow lipped stickbait with a small egg sinker about 5' ahead.

Seams like you are fishing deep with your riggers? In another ten days I bet I won't set deeper than 30' for the rest of the season.

Frost is on the pumpkin! FISH ON!!
Fishbone
Species: Salmon,trout

Post by Fishbone »

Thanks for the tip.. I consider myself a real beginner on this ocean.. :?

I was looking foward to meet you guys during the "Freezer tournament " :))) But my wife quickly reminded me that we will be gone south (cruise) from October 29th to Nov 8 th. The boat will have to be winterized before then. Do you have a similar "get together" event in the spring ?

Dan ;)