fishing update trout pond my ist kokanee/brown ever

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: fishing update trout ponds updated 9/17/2017 wild browns page 15

Post by fishy1 »

9/14/2018 ist of all i would like to thank chawk for posting a pic of the brown live. well i hit the high peaks pond again this morning but with a different approach and spot. my target was browns and would try and fish deeper to get away from the tiny bullhead. i parked on the upper end of the pond and walked down the highway a ways till i got to the pond. not much room to fish on shore and a big obstacle in my way a very steep bank i found the best spot i could with all grass and sand didnt want to be tunbling on rocks. slid down the bank and where i was there was a hole and and shallow around it. perfect but i was worried how i was going to get back up the steep bank after. put 3 rods with sinkers and hooks with dillies on and started fishing at 7:10 am . within 5 minutes i land a nice brookie. good start. then nothing till 9:20 am when the middle rod started peeling off line like no tommorrow closed the bail and fish on and a great fight i land a nice brown. yipee. had to keep it badly hooked and warm stressed out . then 15 minutes later same rod another screaming run close the bail and fish on and a good one got it 30 feet from shore busted water and went on its way. estimated 5 or 6 lb brown. then at 10 am got a run and i land a brookie. now my next run is my big surprise at 10:35 am i close the bail and fish on and i land my ist ever round whitefish they are protected in this pond so i took a quick pic and put it back in the water. what a good fighter and good looking fish. then at 11 am getting ready to leave i have a good run and i miss. really hot now so i decided to leave and try and climb the bank which i did on my hands and knees. well worth it will do it again or maybe bring my boat and paddle to it. no bullhead yipee
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

i never heard of a round white fish. Will thear be some pic's Matt?
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Here is the whitefish pic
Attachments
9774.jpeg
9774.jpeg (131.06 KiB) Viewed 6405 times
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

9/15/2018 decided to challenge that steep bank again this morning. sliding down it at 7 am and fishing by 7:05 am with 3 rods with dillies on bottom. 7:43 am ist run i land a nice 12 and 1/4 inch brookie with nice colors. then at 8:20 am i land a 11 inch brookie. good start. then nothing although i had several hits after throwing out checking my dillies before it hit bottom. it was mostly cloudy here so i decided to stay and fish at least till noonish. at 11 am i must have been day dreaming because my middle rod my 9 ft 6 inch steelhead rod was whipping line off the reel like crazy and when i picked it up and closed the bail fish on and a big one and he was on the other side of the pond. i said to myself this is going to be fun as my drag was on fire zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing . what a battle we had going on and i hoped to be the winner. well after 5 or 6 minutes i guess got it to me and it was a beauty of a brown close to the size of the 2 i got last fall on sept 14th with one on my wall. this one here though was going to be freed to bite again. ist i got to get a pic on my camera and phone by keeping it in the water. i got down and grabbed the gill plate to try and hold it while reaching for my phone behind me next to my cooler when the unthinkeable happens the brown gets his 2nd wind and starts thrashing at the same time breaks the line and i slip and trying to hold on fall into the pond. ugh. not much room for error where im fishing. to hard to get a net down there with 3 rods and my cooler. i built a stone place in the water to put my feet as i sat on the cooler. i was only upset because i didnt get the pic and i was glad the water wasnt real cold. i then went home a little banged up but it was a fun catch this morning but might be taking the boat to that spot now. caught heck from my wife and will probably her from others to . i know now that there are bigger in there and i just have to keep after them.
Last edited by fishy1 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Your fishing trips are always an adventure :lol:
Glad you did not get hurt when plunging in the pond.
That big brown is still there, you can have another chance at it.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

9/16/2018 hit the high peaks pond again today but decided to listen a little bit to family and freinds. went down the same bank this time about 30 yards up from the other one although its shallower there and had tree limbs to hang on to and and more room on shore to fish. glad i did within 5 minutes i land 2 brookies. from 7:30 am to 10 am when i left to hot i land 17 brookies no browns. when the sun came over the mtn at 9 am or so it got hot so i tossed all 3 rods to my left in a little deeper water and it paid off. this is when i got my bigger brookies including a nice 12 and half inch male brookie in its spawining colors but not fully yet. the climb back up was a little better also . kept 3 badly hooked brookies including the male brookie who inhaled the hook.
Sawyer

Post by Sawyer »

I see you had a good day Matt. Any fish breaking water?
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Sawyer wrote:I see you had a good day Matt. Any fish breaking water?
yes a few early before 8:30 am and some nice ones.
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

Here are Matt's pics from yesterday
Attachments
9850.jpeg
9850.jpeg (129.86 KiB) Viewed 6307 times
9847.jpeg
9847.jpeg (175.14 KiB) Viewed 6307 times
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

9/19/2018 hit a high peaks pond again this morning since it cooled off some. started fishing at 6:50 am and my rod i tossed out before it hit bottom fish on land a brookie. the next hour 6 more landed. then it slowed . from around 8 am to noon i only had 7 more runs and i landed 4 more brookies. but at 11:20 am had a real strong run closed the bail fish on and a good one felt like bottom at ist until it started to swim up towards the surface when it busted water then it was gone. wow i said what happened soon found out the eagle claw hook broke. ugh. has happened to me in the past every so often they will break and this one i had just put on. just saw the back of the fish but it had to be a brown unless it was a big brookie. none of the brookies were over 9 inches today.
Sawyer

Post by Sawyer »

Beautiful photo Matt. I love that nice clear water.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Sawyer wrote:Beautiful photo Matt. I love that nice clear water.
x2 don
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

9/20/2018 i have a special forum member here visiting with me and im going to take him into a trout pond tommorrow in the adirondacks 1.4 miles in for some brown and rainbow fishing. the guest is jeff (chawk) who posts my pics for me till i get it down pat. i hope i can put him on fish. we are going to try and post live if we have service back there.
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

Can't wait Matt. Just leave some bread crumbs on the right track. I might meet you on your way back down.
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

Live report from a beautiful Adirondack trout pond. Just had a flurry, with a rainbow and a brown. Great native guide!
Attachments
KIMG0184.JPG
KIMG0184.JPG (116.33 KiB) Viewed 6183 times