fishing for salmon and browns near home on shore added pics of spawning salmon right at my feet 11/26

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: fishing for salmon and browns near home on shore

Post by fishy1 »

4/25/2016 went down to deep bay this morning at daylight and calm waters and 30 degrees. started in the deeper water approx 10 feet . had 2 sharp hits within the ist 10 minutes but no takers. saw 1 or 2 busting water a little farthur down so headed there. started casting and one light hit and a miss. then another cast and fish on only to bust water and throw my lure. then the wind started to pick up so i moved farthur down and 2nd cast fish on a nice 20 plus inch salmon. then the wind started and white caps were soon on the water. so i walked back to the vehicle and went home. 2 boats out there but one of them left as soon as the wind started to blow. another week of the north blow in the forecast i saw tonight.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

4/26/2016 went down to deep bay early and the rain was coming down and then the snow so i went back home. after the weather cleared this afternoon i went back down with a stiff north wind and lots for weeds floating which it made for hard casting. so i decided to hit a tributarie and see what happens. will post on my river fishing post.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

4/27/2016 went down to deep bay this morning at 24 degrees and no hits. went back down this eveneing and started fishing at 6:10 pm and 3rd cast fish on a nice 20 plus inch salmon. then about 10 minutes later or so fish on a 19 inch salmon. then another maybe 10 minutes and fish on a nice 21 inch salmon that landed in the rocks so i kept it. then not even 4 or 5 casts later and good size salmon swiped at my lure 3 feet from me. threw out again and with the same results just missing it. so what i did next even shocked me i casted out maybe 20 feet and splash fish on and a good one. what a battle with the salmon busting water and trying to move away from the shore my drag was set perfect and i just held on. after maybe a two minute fight that seemed like forever got him sort of in the net and when i did he went airborne net and all and landed between two big rocks. he hit so hard he just quivered a little and laid there motionless. so i had my limit and had to leave and it was just 6:55 pm. i was 4 for 4 tonight in less than an hour . i really beleive i was 4 for 4 because the lure i had on tonight had a single hook on.
here is the 25 inch salmon.Image
upload a picture
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Nice report. Looks like you're having lots of fun catching those salmons. 4 for 4 in less than 45 minutes is something to remember.. and 2 nice fish for the table.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
blackfly
Species: all

Post by blackfly »

NICE ONE MATT AS SOON AS I GET RID OF THIS HOUSE FULL OF WOMEN MAYBE I CAN GET BACK TO FISHING
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

4 for 4 is great! Nice looking salmon :mrgreen:
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

fishy1 wrote:4/27/2016 went down to deep bay this morning at 24 degrees and no hits. went back down this eveneing and started fishing at 6:10 pm and 3rd cast fish on a nice 20 plus inch salmon. then about 10 minutes later or so fish on a 19 inch salmon. then another maybe 10 minutes and fish on a nice 21 inch salmon that landed in the rocks so i kept it. then not even 4 or 5 casts later and good size salmon swiped at my lure 3 feet from me. threw out again and with the same results just missing it. so what i did next even shocked me i casted out maybe 20 feet and splash fish on and a good one. what a battle with the salmon busting water and trying to move away from the shore my drag was set perfect and i just held on. after maybe a two minute fight that seemed like forever got him sort of in the net and when i did he went airborne net and all and landed between two big rocks. he hit so hard he just quivered a little and laid there motionless. so i had my limit and had to leave and it was just 6:55 pm. i was 4 for 4 tonight in less than an hour . i really beleive i was 4 for 4 because the lure i had on tonight had a single hook on.
here is the 25 inch salmon.Image
upload a picture
THANK YOU FISHY

IT HAS BEEN OVER 4 MONTHS AND A MILD STROKE IN BETWEEN, SINCE I ASKED FISHY TO HELP ME DESIGN A CASTING VERSION OF THE MP6.

He has just completed the task with the above results. Production will begin tomorrow. Fishy will next help with the colors, but the first lures will begin to be available in about 30 days. Again, thank you, Fishy!
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

One heck of a fish! And a evening casting from shore.
fishmaster176
Species: anything with a fin

Post by fishmaster176 »

There seems to be a lot of silvers being caught in the 3-4 lb. range. Looks like a great sign for a bigger and healthier fishery. Very nice silver. Thanks for sharing.
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

That's a beauty, Matt! Congrats on another great outing.
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

Also, any chance we can get a look at your new secret weapon? Sounds like you and Tamiron have come up with a winner!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Crayfish wrote:Also, any chance we can get a look at your new secret weapon? Sounds like you and Tamiron have come up with a winner!
sorry i cant unless jim says its okay. i can tell you one of the colors on it my favroite color for champlain and it was pink. im sure jim is going through a rigid process right now for a patent # and so on so i dont want to jeopardize any of that. it worked as good as my krocodiles and probably better since the action had a wider wobble. i was impressed to say the least.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

fishmaster176 wrote:There seems to be a lot of silvers being caught in the 3-4 lb. range. Looks like a great sign for a bigger and healthier fishery. Very nice silver. Thanks for sharing.
your right but there are bigger ones out there as i have lost at least 3 in a week much bigger than this one i landed last night. the others were lost close to shore also but with trebles i think the single hook on jims new lure was the trick. right after i landed this one a bigger one busted water 15 feet from me and i saw it head to tail. since i had my 2 limit i left.
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

fishy1 wrote:
Crayfish wrote:Also, any chance we can get a look at your new secret weapon? Sounds like you and Tamiron have come up with a winner!
sorry i cant unless jim says its okay. i can tell you one of the colors on it my favroite color for champlain and it was pink. im sure jim is going through a rigid process right now for a patent # and so on so i dont want to jeopardize any of that. it worked as good as my krocodiles and probably better since the action had a wider wobble. i was impressed to say the least.
The shape is almost that of the standard MP6. For that reason, I will not get a new patent number. But the colors and patterns will be new and I prefer that Fishy wait to display them until after he has tested them. The first was taped but the new ones will be all painted. As we find the right combinations, we will release them 3 or 4 colors at a time.
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Post by Bearcat »

Great salmon Matt. You must be getting really good at cooking fish!