fishing for salmon and browns near home on shore added pics of spawning salmon right at my feet 11/26

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: fishing for salmon and browns near home on shore added pics of spawning salmon right at my feet 11/26

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Glad you got bites from shore, another item to scratch from you bucket list.
you hammered them and caught your PB, a nice day to remember.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
fishy1
Species: many species

Re: fishing for salmon and browns near home on shore added pics of spawning salmon right at my feet 11/26

Post by fishy1 »

hey andric that is an awsome day. i saw your vehicle when i came home from bullhead fishing. you pb 24 inches wow. i tested that fishy1 alot in that area for jim martino and it produced 3 to 1 to the other casting bees colors . fmb just got stocked up with the casting bees and sent him the wrong fishy1. next to the krocodile rainbow the fishy1 are the best producers for me and even lakers crush the fishy1. i am so excited for you to feel the freight train hits from shore and the fight and trying to land them safely. hope you get used to shore casting . see you on the pond monday. no browns in the mix?
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

Congrats Troutcrazy you had one hell of a day. Ate the paint of your Fishy1 "WOW" Amazing
Thanks for telling us your story.
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

fishy1 wrote: fmb just got stocked up with the casting bees and sent him the wrong fishy1.
The fishy1 had a thin piece of black tape down the center. If you think it makes a difference, by all means, please add it. Other wise, the color has always been the same. The casting bees have been well received in all colors, though I am sure there are preferences. We are always interested to introduce new colors. If you find a combination that seems to work well, let us know and we'll try to get some out there for other anglers to try. /Jim
Last edited by tamiron on Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

troutcrazy wrote:Then I switched to the Fishy1 color casting Honeybee. They crushed it! Chewed the paint right off! I caught a handfull before they seemed to get tired of it, so I cycled through a bunch of colors. Purple/pink/silver with spots produced, as did pink/blue/white with spots. They weren't interested in green. They stopped biting mid-afternoon. I cast out a rainbow Yozuri stickbait and caught one on that. No bites on spinners, phoebes, or kastmasters.

Haha its a good thing I have a few more of those Fishy1 Bees, because they destroyed that thing! Those Honeybees are beautiful lures-- it's really pleasing to watch their action in the water. I'm glad I got so much use out of them today. I usually start with the Kroc because it runs deeper and casts just a little farther, but it doesn't have that magic action like the Bees!
troutcrazy:

Thanks for the kind words!

Our Fluorescent vinyl tape was used to create all of the prototypes in the casting bees and will quickly restore your spoons to original colors. Given the action, the cost of replacement tape, will keep you in great performing spoons, until you lose them all ... for just pennies per year.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

jim:
your were right the bees you sent to john this time is the original fishy1 i tested still have the 0riginal. going to go down and tell john this morning. dont know if that stripe had anything to with it but the fishy1 constantly produces fish. the other colors are great to. you might want to try a purple people eater in the casting bees or a brown trout. the casting bees at johns are the best sellers in the shop so that says something about the honeybees. i think i still have some tape you gave me to. on a short note really dont know if the alewife and smelt scent you gave me worked.
Last edited by fishy1 on Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

PPE casting Bees would be amazing!
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

troutcrazy wrote:PPE casting Bees would be amazing!
Light line (8lb test) will get the 32's in PPE out pretty well. Not much difference in weight.

Next run will have 3 addition patterns including PPE, BPE and BT
Last edited by tamiron on Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tamiron

Post by tamiron »

fishy1 wrote: on a short note really dont know if the alewife and smelt scent you gave me worked.
Thanks fishy ... That's good feed back!

But based on our sales there appears to be quite a few anglers that are having success with Pro-Cure scents on Champlain and all over the US!

The caution I give is to be sure to use Lemon Joy to remove the residual scent, so that it doesn't become rancid ... that tip is straight from Doc Mooney.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

4/20/2019 the bite is on. headed down to the lake and was fishing at 4:15 pm. decided to do a little experimenting with the casting bees colors so i tied a blue trout pattern casting bee. it was cloudy and after trout crazys post yesterday on here had to try different colors. 2nd cast bang a freight train hit out about 45 feet and fish on i land a nice salmon released it unharmed. 6th or 7th cast had a follow and a football one hurried and tossed it right back out about 25 feet and bang it slammed it fish on and a big one. no net and im on rocks 1 jump 2 jumps 3 jumps 4 jumps then i lost count and by drag zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing it was only 10 feet from me slowly got it to shore bent over to grab it and it decided to fly again and down i went chest ist down on the rocks with one leg tangled in between 2 rocks ugh. lost a beauty and a basin derby entry but ill be back. got my arms scraped but other than that im okay. then shortly after another close call had a good size salmon hit at my feet and bust water and the bee went flying by my shoulder and onto the rocks damaging the blue bee. tied on a another trout pattern bee in a maroon color. casted it out ist cast fish on i land a smaller salmon released it unharmed. then it started to rain and was chilly had a couple of follows then out of nowhere comes a salmon as i was about to take my bee out of the water it smashed it and went airborne and landed between the rocks taking most of its scales off so i kept it. i have a list this year of family and freinds that would like one to eat. the bite didnt stop i was there exactly 65 minutes and i was 4 for 7. saw at least another 5 or 6 swimming the shore line . i was fishing 3 to 7 fow and clear. its easter sunday tommorrow but going to try and get back down there at some point in time for at least an hours.take a look at all of the scales gone on the salmon i had to keep he flew out of the water and into the rocks.Image
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

Ow wow that sounds amazing! Way to go! That's impressive the way that fish flew right out of the water. It feels like a rare opportunity, being able to experiment with colors and presentations when we know the fish are there.

Man those rocks are sketchy!
I've got the derby on my mind too.

I almost fished over your way today but I had some work to do in the morning and I decided to give the salmon a rest, and try for crappies and rainbows in a small lake. Caught a couple stockie rainbows on a crappie jig. Lost one that seemed big. Caught some nice crappies. Salmon from the other day is about to come out of the smoker.
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

Nice work Troutcrazy and Fishy...Those casting bees work in ALL colors, just have to match them to weather/light conditions that particular day... I will be migrating up your way soon...My boat is buried in mud and my truck can't get back there yet. I will get it sea worthy this week and try again... Have a great Easter everyone
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

jimbow wrote:Nice work Troutcrazy and Fishy...Those casting bees work in ALL colors, just have to match them to weather/light conditions that particular day... I will be migrating up your way soon...My boat is buried in mud and my truck can't get back there yet. I will get it sea worthy this week and try again... Have a great Easter everyone
HAPPY EASTER JIM GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK ON THE FORUM.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Matt, you really work hard to get those fish. Thanks for sharing your adventures.
Happy Easter.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

fishy1 wrote:
jimbow wrote:Nice work Troutcrazy and Fishy...Those casting bees work in ALL colors, just have to match them to weather/light conditions that particular day... I will be migrating up your way soon...My boat is buried in mud and my truck can't get back there yet. I will get it sea worthy this week and try again... Have a great Easter everyone
HAPPY EASTER JIM GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK ON THE FORUM.

Thanks Fishy...have a great season and overall good health...