fishing for salmon and browns near home on shore added pics of spawning salmon right at my feet 11/26

Fishing reports, pointers, lessons leaned from Matthew Glebus aka Fishy1
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Re: fishing for salmon and browns near home on shore

Post by troutcrazy »

Holy cow, two salmon at once! That's incredible!
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

11/24/2018 got back to some frostbite shore fishing this morning and my plan was to hit 3 spots 1 for salmon 2nd for lakers and 3rd for salmon and lakers. my ist spot in 45 minutes i was 0 for 0 and never saw a fish . the temperature was 19 degrees with a stiff southwest wind. my 2nd spot was 2 to 3 foot waves and increasing and the shoreline all iced up but decided to stay and hoping eric with join me soon. 4th cast i have a hit and a miss with a copper kastmaster 3/8 ounce. only one little spot to cast from and waiting for eric to come down with the net when i have a freight train hit and fish on now what do i do ugh so i just kept playing it it wouldnt come up hoping to get it good and tired or let it shake loose. it didnt shake loose got it in after about 5 minutes got down on my stomach and eased it up on the icey rocks and it didnt like it thrashing and fighting and was about 10 feet from me but finally got it in and had kept it for a freind. then eric came down and we didnt fish long there it was gettind worse and soon even my spot was iced up. eric went home cold and i went to my 3rd spot which the water is 1 to 5 feet so i got my other rod out with a uv krocodile blacks spots and and blue edging nothing so i moved down about 100 feet on shore and my 3rd cast had a hit and a miss then the very next cast a freight train hit and fish on a big one . got it in about half way where its very shallow and he was fighting for his life with his back out of the water i had on a huge laker got it about 8 feet from me and it rolled and was gone. i should have checked my line after that but i didnt and the bottom there is very rocky . about 10 minutes later i have a freight train hit and a big splash out there and fish on and another big one that i thought was a laker but soon after it busted water and it was a big silver heading north and snap just like that he broke me off. i needed to check my line after battling that big laker and my drag wasnt set right because before these 2 fish my line was wound up inside my bail and went i put the spool back on i didnt set the drag . ugh . the wind was just terrible anyhow so now im a ways from my pickup and no extra lures so i decided just to go home. little mistakes like that can cost you some nice fish sometimes you get lucky but not very often.

Mr. Gill
Species: Bluegills

Post by Mr. Gill »

Congrats Matt. Maybe it’s a looser but hoping you catch a LT on that spoon I gave you.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

11/25/2018 rain and more rain and some slick spots on my way this morning. with eric going to join me and jason later hoping for a good day but it didnt happen rain was heavy at times went back and forth to the pickup and the wind which was supposed to be 0 to 2 mph was like 10 mph as the waves were building to 3 footers so we moved south. i had 2 hits at the ist spot missed one and lost a silver. then the 2nd spot 2 hits and my freind jason had to leave so i left to and went pheasant hunting i was 0 for 1 there to a miss i think. had only steel shot when i shot so i might as well used a water gun. saw 3 birds in thick grass took a good shot and it just ran away . have that happened duck hunting to with the steel shot. ugh. besides be very wet it wasnt a great day.
troutcrazy

Post by troutcrazy »

Wow the wind has been tough lately! I didn't realize it was so windy today (I feel better now because I was working, and thinking it was calm like the forecast). Lucky for me it calmed down by the time I got to the water around 3:00.
fishy1

Re: fishing for salmon and browns near home on shore added pics of spawning salmon right at my feet 11/26

Post by fishy1 »

11/26/2018 fish didnt cooperate today for eric and i but i got done what i wanted to do get pics and videos of the schooling spawning salmon on a private lot right in the lake in 1 fow at our feet. will post my best pics and hoping chawk can post the 2 videos from my phone. will take awhile as i have maybe 5 to 10 ill post here. this made my day.ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Last edited by fishy1 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:36 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Sawyer
Species: All

Re: fishing for salmon and browns near home on shore added pics of spawning salmon right at my feet 11/26

Post by Sawyer »

Nice job Matt i can see them very clearly. How many do you think are in a school?
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

[quote="fishy1"]11/26/2018 fish didnt cooperate today for eric and i but i got done want i wanted to do get pics and videos of the schooling spawning salmon on a private lot right in the lake in 1 fow at our feet. will post my best pics and hoping chawk can post the 2 videos from my phone. will take awhile as i have maybe 5 to 10 ill post here. this made my day.[/quote

And mine too! :D /Jim
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Won't let me add them Matt.
troutcrazy

Post by troutcrazy »

Great shots! Watching fish is almost as fun as catching them :)
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

Maybe Ron or someone can you tube them and then add . Let me know I'll send them your way, cool video, the numbers are amazing!
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

They are spawning in the lake? or is that on a river? If its in the lake, is that a behavior that the biologists know is occurring? Seems odd... But also super cool that they are that close in and clearly visible.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

keithm87 wrote:They are spawning in the lake? or is that on a river? If its in the lake, is that a behavior that the biologists know is occurring? Seems odd... But also super cool that they are that close in and clearly visible.
these salmon and some browns are spawning in the lake keith. they come in and out and are used to me now they stop right in front of me and had one last week jump over my feet on shore tried to get a pic but the delay on the camera was late i thought it was odd to but i been hearing its not and the spawn in the lake is much better producing than in rivers i was told. started catching the dark spawners 3 weeks ago farthur down the lake i know of 3 inlets that are full of spawners all on private lots where there not harassed.
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

https://imgur.com/a/qHPOTcz not sure if this will work
C-Hawk

Post by C-Hawk »

]Andy, where you been?
Last edited by C-Hawk on Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.