A QUICK TROLL ON WINNI

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
FISHCRAZY(LALLY)
Species: ANY FISH THAT WANTS TO PLAY!!

A QUICK TROLL ON WINNI

Post by FISHCRAZY(LALLY) »

I had several work engagements this weekend in NH and ME and after reading the posts on Winni I decided I should try and get a couple hours in Friday morning :D I hooked up with my good friend "H" and also along for the ride was his son in law Aron. As we motored out at first light I was amazed at all the bait fish we were seeing in the weedy areas with current. I mean MILLIONS of um!!

We set up a 6- rod program with 2- divers and 4-rods stacked. It was a beautiful morning on a most pristine fishery.

The first hour was slow as we tried to figure the fish out. The lake must have "Flipped" because there were fish sighted right on top chasing bait and also down as far as 54' on the fish finder. I staggered the riggers and ran verticals on one side and clean on the other. Still nothing, so I added a set of horizontals to the ball on one side and spread the stackers 15' apart and now had lures from 15'-45'!!! Shortly after setting the side with all the "Bling" we had our first taker!!! A nice healthy keeper :D Later we were having a family cookout so we were on a serious meat mission. I could hardly get the rigger back down and she fired again!! I quickly brought up the clean side and "BeDazzled" it as well :D

I would like to say we were "Dialed in" however fish were coming at all different depths so I just kept resetting the depth in the broad spectrum. The next few hours we had constant action!! I never did get the divers to fire!! Go figure??? I guess it was all about the "Bling" This day :lol:

All of these saw action, however the small DB smelt and Crazy Ivan were chewed on the most ;)

We had a GREAT few hours on the lake and landed 17 salmon and one rainbow. All of the fish were of keeper size the largest around 4lbs. All of the fish were healthy looking except for one that suffered from a jaw injury. He was a little skinny, but over all the fishery looks VERY healthy :D

Winni is a beautiful lake set in a pristine New England setting and I am once again grateful for the chance.

Tight Lines!!!
Last edited by FISHCRAZY(LALLY) on Wed Sep 07, 2011 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
" IN MY EYES ALL FISH ARE CREATED EQUALLY"
digitroll (ron)

Re: A QUICK TROLL ON WINNI

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Nice catch and nice to see the verticles on fire Lally!

I think it's the first time I have seen photos from Winnie. Cool!

We got rained out today. Transmission, differential, and transfer case fluid changes for the truck at our Honda dealer at this time for me.

It's safe to say anyone would love to have your job with all those connections when you are on the road for your work.

R
4cs
Species: Salmon, Trout

Post by 4cs »

Hey Rick

You are one lucky SOB, you get to fish and hunt all over, you have a great fishing/hunting partner in Tori and you make us all envious with you great reports, tell the truth you just like to torture us. LOL :twisted:

I had heard reports that the Crazy Ivan spoons have been catching fish on Winnie and also on Rangely and Sebago in ME too, nice to see that they are producing in other areas.

Pat
Crazy Ivan Lures

http://www.crazyivanlures.com/

Eat, Sleep, Fish and then a Crown Royal
pierre
Species: salmon

Post by pierre »

Nice very nice good job guy .

Pierre
Pier waves spoons
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Rick, what can I say.. Once again another great report... I would say you need more lure washing time... I see TOO MANY unopened Honey Bee and Crazy Ivans in the box! :roll:
Matt B
jusgrinnin
Species: warm&cold

Post by jusgrinnin »

Winni has been good this year 15'-20' behind horizontal blades sutton 61s silver&brass and purple and black top guns have been on fire.It's only going to get better from here on to the end of the season.Looks like you figured it out pretty quick nice report.

BARRY
Hairbone
Species: Bluegill

Post by Hairbone »

Awsome Report! Now I just added another lake to my bucket list ;)
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Thanks for the pics and the detail. It would appear that shallower water in Winni makes it easier to dial in on agressive feeding fish. Now if only we can convince LC anglers to do the same.
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
homewrecker
Species: salmon,mermaids

Post by homewrecker »

Thats great! I need to travel more, so many lakes so little time.
FISHCRAZY(LALLY)

[quote="Digitroll (Ron)"

It's safe to say anyone would love to have your job with all those connections when you are on the road for your work.

R[/quote]

Thanks Ron, Yes I am blessed to have such a great network of friends......... just another aspect of this great sport. Bringing people and their lives together. As for my job I say "I live the rock star lifestyle.. minus the hot chicks and money!!!" :lol:
FISHCRAZY(LALLY)

4cs (Pat) wrote:

I had heard reports that the Crazy Ivan spoons have been catching fish on Winnie and also on Rangely and Sebago in ME too, nice to see that they are producing in other areas.

Pat
I believe your products will catch salmon and trout anywhere they swim Pat!! Very good quality product!! ;) PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE.... figure out how to make me a Crazy Ivan that looks like that Hi-tech pictured!! I put the black line on it with a marker, but that tape finish is just AMAZING!! My personal favorite spoon in my box!! I run it every time and everywhere and catch fish on it :D
FISHCRAZY(LALLY)

Reelax wrote:Rick, what can I say.... I would say you need more lure washing time... I see TOO MANY unopened Honey Bee and Crazy Ivans in the box! ::
No argument from me there MATT!!!! As far as too many lures, I realize I have a serious problem.... I can never get enough!!! :lol:
FISHCRAZY(LALLY)

tamiron wrote:Thanks for the pics and the detail. It would appear that shallower water in Winni makes it easier to dial in on agressive feeding fish. Now if only we can convince LC anglers to do the same.
Jim, My report may have seemed a little misleading!!! All the fish were caught at the depth mentioned, but I failed to mention we were fishing over 60-100 FOW at all times. Sorry about that ;)
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Great Report Rick. Once again you amaze me with you skill of catching a good ride on any lake!!!!LOL Please consider using the #1 honey bee Bruised plum also this time of year it is just steller, also, I have been a Hi-Tech fan for years and have a 1/2 dozen or so of that spoon that i have added some costom tape to also. Pat and I do have that tape (or something very close to it) if you want I can mail you some. Remember I am exspecing you in late December or sometime in January to join the frostbite fleet for a day of fishing on Lake Champlain.
Todd
Todd
FISHCRAZY(LALLY)

Crazy Ivan wrote:Great Report Rick. Once again you amaze me with you skill of catching a good ride on any lake!!!!LOL Please consider using the #1 honey bee Bruised plum also this time of year it is just steller, also, I have been a Hi-Tech fan for years and have a 1/2 dozen or so of that spoon that i have added some costom tape to also. Pat and I do have that tape (or something very close to it) if you want I can mail you some. Remember I am exspecing you in late December or sometime in January to join the frostbite fleet for a day of fishing on Lake Champlain.
Todd
UHG!! I don't think I have a bruised plum!!! :( See Matt, Never enough!!! I will definitely be coming over this winter!!! I will get the tape from you then.... no need to ship any, for I am about to winterize the boat and put her away :( Tori and I have a commited hunting schedule and I plan to stick to it and if I leave the boat out my A.D.D will turn my life upside down!! I will be SOOOO ready to stretch a line by then ;) ..... Bruised Plum..... who knew???? :roll: