shore fishing for lakers

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Re: shore fishing for lakers

Post by troutcrazy »

Awesome Matt! I tried near Burlington yesterday with no bites.

fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

10/14/2020 went back again this afternoon after school and let fishy2 cast for lakers. she did really well with FISHY2 honeybee lure she had jim martino make up for her with her color scheme. she got the honeybee lure out a ways each cast and thats important. she said she had a follow and it had spots on it so i was thinking salmon. next cast it followed again told her to stop and twitch and she did and the salmon hit but tossed the honeybee. fishy2 was really excited. she had one more hit and we left dinner time at home.

Bearcat
Species: cold water!

Post by Bearcat »

Good to hear you’re getting out Matt. Where Do you post your hunting reports? I haven’t been out much, have a great bird dog but she’s picked up some awful kind of asthma that we can’t figure out yet. It’s really too bad, the dog lives to hunt.

fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

Bearcat wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:19 pm
Good to hear you’re getting out Matt. Where Do you post your hunting reports? I haven’t been out much, have a great bird dog but she’s picked up some awful kind of asthma that we can’t figure out yet. It’s really too bad, the dog lives to hunt.
scroll down the page its on the very bottom. HUNTING

troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

I love that Fishy2 has a color now, too. I also love that you're finding fish over there. I tried from shore again for an hour or two in the big wind yesterday, near Burlington, but no fish.

Today in the kayak I had a water temp reading of 56 degrees. I read from a couple sources that lakers usually spawn around 50 degrees. I don't know if that's true but I'll pretend that's why I'm not catching anything from shore yet :lol: