Any Open Water??

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
salmontroller16
Species: Lake Trout, Landlocked Salmon

Any Open Water??

Post by salmontroller16 »

Hey everyone, I'm wondering if there is any open water to launch a boat on lake champlain to do some trolling for trout and salmon. please let me know if anyone knows of a boat ramp that is open with a decent amount of open water to do some trolling, thanks!!
goldeneye13
Species: Cold water

Re: Any Open Water??

Post by goldeneye13 »

No open water yet. Probably another week or 2 if we can get warmer weather.
salmontroller16

Okay, thank you very much for the update!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Grrrrrr are you messsin with me? I am having some serious trolling widhthdrawls.. I’m waiting for the 1st open launch to jump on as soon as the ice pulls out. Seems like it’s still weeks away but don’t worry we Will break ice or push jams if needed...
Matt B
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Yesterday at a launch on Lake Ontario just texted to me this morning. Actually after two years of record high water in a row the lake is 3' lower at this time. Just need to hook up the boat and travel to find to get to this open water. Ha Ha! I have to believe it's a few weeks away here.

Imagechevron gas station locations
finsntins
Species: salmon

Post by finsntins »

Oswego and mexico point this past weekend.as far as the water level,it may be a couple feet below summer levels,but it is actually 15 inches above normal for this time of the year and it is 6 inches above where it was in 2017 when we had the bad flooding.we still have over three feet of snow here in the Adirondacks and on tughill,so the potential for serious flooding is very possible this year again and will be likely if we have a wet spring.
DSC_0361.JPG
DSC_0361.JPG (173.82 KiB) Viewed 962 times
DSC_0355.JPG
DSC_0355.JPG (192.48 KiB) Viewed 962 times
DSC_0350.JPG
DSC_0350.JPG (151.91 KiB) Viewed 962 times
Miss B.Haven' sportfishing
goldeneye13
Species: Cold water

Post by goldeneye13 »

What part of lake ontario is that launch. I was looking update at mexico bay and apparently acces wasnt great but i m really itching to get some fishing done. Seriously thinking of heading down next weekend.
kman05446
Species: salmon/trout

Post by kman05446 »

The second & third photo is Mexico Bay Boat Launch at the mouth of the Little Salmon River. The last one is Oswego. Top one, I have no clue.
keithm87
Species: Trout and Salmon

Post by keithm87 »

Yesterdays sat photo's show what appears to be a small spot of open water northeast of willsboro bay. If we get lucky with the wind and warm the next 2 days, that will grow, and with a LOT of luck saturdays 15-25mph wind will open it some more. Next week looks more of the same cold-mild temps. I am cautiously optimistic that we could see the front or the winooski open up by next weekend
salmontroller16

Digitroll (Ron) wrote:Yesterday at a launch on Lake Ontario just texted to me this morning. Actually after two years of record high water in a row the lake is 3' lower at this time. Just need to hook up the boat and travel to find to get to this open water. Ha Ha! I have to believe it's a few weeks away here.

Imagechevron gas station locations

Hey, what Lake Ontario boat launch is that? I've been planning on making a trip up to Lake ontario around the second week of this April. I just hope by then most of the ramps will be accessible to launch a boat!
dry net
Species: cold water

Post by dry net »

Go on lake Ontario United. They are talking about what launches are open. I believe I read that Olcott and Oak Orchard are open. Good luck, Matt