realized today im not shore fishing so starteing all over

Check and share here for the latest fishing reports.
fishy1
Species: many species

realized today im not shore fishing so starteing all over

Post by fishy1 »

10/19/2018 my ist champlain fishing in my new field and stream angler 8 boat with eric (salmon-crazy) . we set up in 15 fow and anchored with 1 anchor in a south wind which got really bad in the protected bay temperature was 32 degrees when we arrived. got set up around 8 am and it didnt take eric 5 minutes and fish on and a fighter after his freight train hit. eric lands a nice laker wasnt long after that i have a freight train hit and fish on i land a nice clean laker kept in the water and released. the wind was really getting nasty soon after that and eric was getting cold . but the lakers kept hitting as it didnt take me long to get another also released in the water. eric lost a real nice one just below the boat that he had a hard time getting up with the drag zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing. then i lost a nice one and had several follows. then it happened and the anchor pulled and we drifted away from that hole we dropped anchor about 75 feet north of there and the wind was still picking up. darn right nasty to say the least. about 15 minutes into the new spot i had a hit and it was no freight train hit i knew instantly it was probably a salmon. and it shook loose. then we headed in with less than 2 hours of fishing we were 3 for 7 a good day on my new boat. i started this new post because i am not shore fishing in the boat. the boat is very comfortable and very sturdy fits in the back of the pickup super good and easy to move around. we were fishing in white caps and felt very safe.
here is erics ist fall frostbite laker in 2018.ImageImage
Sawyer
Species: All

Re: realized today im not shore fishing so starteing all over

Post by Sawyer »

Nice to hear the Boat is working out good. Do you have a name for it yeat? You two caught more lakers today then we did all summer. Keep it up.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

Sawyer wrote:Nice to hear the Boat is working out good. Do you have a name for it yeat? You two caught more lakers today then we did all summer. Keep it up.
nice grouse traci got. ill just name the boat fishy1 what do you think?
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

fishy1 wrote:
Sawyer wrote:Nice to hear the Boat is working out good. Do you have a name for it yeat? You two caught more lakers today then we did all summer. Keep it up.
nice grouse traci got. ill just name the boat fishy1 what do you think?
I don't think any other name would be appropriate
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

"Fishy1" fits perfectly in the back of your the pickup, while "Fishy1" enjoys the comfort of the front seat.
Last edited by Gecha (Gerry) on Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

Yes Fishy 1 is perfect.
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

picked up the letters and number today at gander mtn black and every other one is white due to not having one letter in black not in stock.
troutcrazy
Species: crappie, trout, salmon, perch

Post by troutcrazy »

I love it! And you'll be casting the Fishy1 color Honeybee :)
That wind was more than I expected! I would have liked to fish close to you guys and chat, but I couldn't take it. I had to get some shelter!
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

10/23/2018 headed up north this morning hoping to get out in my boat and i did cool but windless morning. 37 degrees when i arrived at 7:40 am made a few casts on shore ist and had 2 hits on the fall. 8:15 am started paddling south to do some scouting for the shootout. stopped about a quarter mile down and dropped anchor. soon after i got a text from andric he was on his way with his hobie told him where i was. he got there about 9 am and i asked him to scope the depths for me where i was at. 16.7 fow anchored and from there it kept going down 30 40 and 70 in a very short distance. i had just lost a nice salmon at the boat no net before he arrived and had another hit and soon after a good size salmon busted water in that spot. next hour or so no hits and 2 busting water. so before the rain coming i wanted to scope out the water around where i shore fish for depths and so on. got up there about 10 :30 am anchored in a surprised 35 fow or more my anchor rope was 50 feet and had 5 or 6 feet left. it then got cloudy so i switched from my blue streak kroc to my other rod with the gold rattling kastmaster and it didnt take long for a hit and fish on i land a laker released it in the water . then 10 minutes later another fish on and i land another smaller laker. then it began to rain but i stayed for another 15 minutes and just before ready to give up i have a freight train hit and fish on i land another laker but didnt release it in the water had a lamprey on it pulled it into the boat but lamprey let go before i got it in. ugh. i had a great morning in my fishy1 boat . i know andric and others are going to wonder why i didnt put the fishy1 on well i was in the boat and my box was in the pickup ugh.
here i am out in boatImageImage
fighting laker
lamprey was Imageon this one
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

That's a skinny salmon. Surely the lamprey did not help.
Thanks for posting your outings.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
fishy1

Post by fishy1 »

gerry that was a male laker spawner like most im catching up in that area seen some females but they been spooking the water is very clear. i put my fishy1 angler 8 i fished in yesterday under shore fishing ugh.