Tactics for sharing

Smelt_seeker
Species: Salmon

Tactics for sharing

Post by Smelt_seeker »

Anyone have summer walleye tactics they would share? Inlands sea? Probably real long shot asking.
Kyle smith
riverrunner
Species: Salmonids

Re: Tactics for sharing

Post by riverrunner »

Biggest thing is getting out there and trying it. Green weeds next to deep water in the evenings during the summer with a rapala husky jerk or x-rap. Fishing into the night. Wind swept points should put you on some fish 8-20 FOW. I highly suggest reading In-Fishermans walleye secrets book. Plenty of tips in there to apply it to champlain. Don't look at the lake as a whole because there are so many places to go, but rather focus on a smaller area. You could spend many nights just in the Inland sea, and still have plenty of spots to try. The walleye community is pretty tight lipped, but with the current walleye culture techniques that are happening at the Ed Weed Fish Culture Station things are only going to be better. They are raising many nice fish in a short amount of time there. Check out the walleye culture video from the outdoor journal on you tube. Gives an overview of how the program works. Since that video I have heard that there are many more improvements that have happened. Read the book, try it, and have fun!
Smelt_seeker

Post by Smelt_seeker »

Thanks so much for the reply. I know how tight lipped salmon fishermen are and walleye are only tighter. I actually had that book for a long time and just started to read it. I truly appreciate the tips.
Kyle smith
eatsleepfish
Species: Lake Trout

Post by eatsleepfish »

We fish worm rigs with a bottom bouncer in 7 to 20 feet of water, of course that's up in Canada. We'll see how that works in LC.
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Post by Crayfish »

I found a unicorn yesterday! Salmon trolling in the Inland Sea and caught this guy 60' down at 2.5mph on a purple people eater!! Caught 4 salmon, but they were all little stockies.

My wally _ 082020.jpg
My wally _ 082020.jpg (30.32 KiB) Viewed 9375 times
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Post by Dilly Worm »

Congrats, always exciting to catch a species of fish by surprise !

was it after dark when you caught it or is that just when the photo was taken ?
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

Yes it was! It was caught at 4:30pm. I'd only been on the water for 1/2hr and had already caught 3 small salmon and then this guy. I was alone at the time so couldn't get a pic of it until later.

This is actually the 2nd one I've caught this year in the I.S. while trolling for salmon. They are there, but when I try to target them where they SHOULD be, I always end up getting skunked. I've fished well into the night a few times this year and come up empty.

My son has a walleye-skin wallet and we thought this guy would have made a nice one. He was thick.
Smelt_seeker

Post by Smelt_seeker »

Nice fish!!
Kyle smith
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

Wow Shawn a great bi-catch! That thing looks like a pig.. did ya weigh it?
Matt B
Crayfish

Post by Crayfish »

I didn't weight it, but it was 25.5" long so I'm guessing around 6lbs ... maybe a little more. I've got to get a decent scale for the boat. My son's scale kills batteries so it's always dead when we need it.
Smelt_seeker

Post by Smelt_seeker »

Crayfish wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:01 am I didn't weight it, but it was 25.5" long so I'm guessing around 6lbs ... maybe a little more. I've got to get a decent scale for the boat. My son's scale kills batteries so it's always dead when we need it.
Only one ive seem to ever find good is the original gray rapala 9v battery.
Kyle smith
mudchuck
Species: perch

Post by mudchuck »

Nice catch Shawn!