"Sharpshooting Walleyes..."

tmcaul
Species: salmonids

"Sharpshooting Walleyes..."

Post by tmcaul »

I have been watching some of the Uncut Angler videos on YouTube. In "Sharpshooting Walleyes" he fishes for walleyes by motoring along very slowly during the daytime until he marks large fish. Then he immediately backs up and jigs as close as he can to where he thinks he marked the fish. In the episode, he is fishing during the summer in 25-35 FoW.

Has anyone tried this or something similar on Champlain?

Here's a link to the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq13qjG7-Kw&t=612s
Tom
"Tyee, Too"
18' Lund
Strange 'Eyes
Species: Anything that bites

Re: "Sharpshooting Walleyes..."

Post by Strange 'Eyes »

If you aren't watching Aaron from Uncut Angling, you are missing out on some impressive knowledge of a young fisherman. As well as the many other youtube angling channels(In-depth Outdoors and Tom Boley come to mind).

I have attempted this only once with no success but know that it will certainly work on Champlain if you put the time in. I mainly troll but will be putting this technique to work this summer, as I have a bunch of jigging raps that need to get wet. Having the tiller certainly makes this technique easier, as he can get his jig directly under the transducer from the back of the boat.
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

i have trolled for eyes and jigged for them while still trolling with sonars. i have also trolled in reverse many times . many times even at night i will catch and eye and will shut the motor down and cast and jig with brown pumpkinseed jigs. mostly in 5 to 20 fow. im going to watch some of these videos sounds very interesting
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

tmcaul wrote:I have been watching some of the Uncut Angler videos on YouTube. In "Sharpshooting Walleyes" he fishes for walleyes by motoring along very slowly during the daytime until he marks large fish. Then he immediately backs up and jigs as close as he can to where he thinks he marked the fish. In the episode, he is fishing during the summer in 25-35 FoW.
Has anyone tried this or something similar on Champlain?
Here's a link to the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq13qjG7-Kw&t=612s
Super fun video to watch...thanks. I could really get into jigging like that!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry