Navionics

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
Cas
Species: the kind that swim

Re: Navionics

Post by Cas »

Gecha (Gerry) wrote:Matt, to do course up, try clicking twice on the arrow at the bottom left side. It has multiple functions.
Fish Hound wrote:Twice is course up and one more click adds a heading line
Thanks for that, didn't think the ipad had course up. Nice couple features.
________
Mike
Wallyandre (Andre)
Species: salmon, SM, walleyes

Post by Wallyandre (Andre) »

Creating or improving map is so easy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeuafHgLpWY
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

You're right André.
Creating or updating maps has never been so easy.
The more people do it, the more accurate the mapping will be.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
Fish Hound
Species: everything

Post by Fish Hound »

Sonar Charts goes deeper

SonarCharts contours can now be seen over 1000’! All you need to do is update your map card on the Navionics website to see them. If you like, you can see what it looks like on any body of water on the Navionics web app on their site.”
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

Your website with cartography and chart boundaries

The Navionics Web API provides an all-in-one solution for embedding Navionics cartography into any website, and implementation can be done in as little as three minutes.

The latest Web API release streamlines the process of adding Nautical Charts and/or the SonarCharts™ HD bathymetry map to a website in conjunction with a long list of advanced features to better engage with any online audience. The Navionics retail chart catalog, which includes chart boundaries, can be used by Navionics dealers as a tool to help customers select the right product. It is also possible to find a Navionics dealer, overlay satellite imagery with Bing (Google is available with limited features), zoom in/out, measure distance, and select preferred units of measurement. Points of interest, graphics and tracks can also be quickly added by importing Keyhole Markup Language (KML) files and more.

The Web API is an exceptional reference tool for organizations and professionals in the boating industry, such as marine and fishing apparel dealers, publishers, marine electronics manufacturers, charter companies, distributors, fishing forums, fishing tournaments, regattas, seaside retail locations, and many more.
It is certainly the right tool for you! It’s easy and can be live in three minutes! To learn more, see examples or register for a Web API license key. Dedicated partner support is available to assist with implementation.
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

If you own a Navionics card or any other manufacturers, update it to Navionics + for only $99
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

Wireless Black Box Sonar for Smartphones and Tablets

Transform your smartphone into a powerful CHIRP DownVision sonar with Wi-Fish™. Simply download the free Wi-Fish app and connect using standard Wi-Fi and you will be streaming real time sonar right to your phone or tablet.
Connect and Share Wirelessly

Dragonfly PRO models feature built in Wi-Fi. Anglers can stream Dragonfly sonar data right to their smartphone or tablet with the Raymarine Wi-Fish™ mobile app.

The Wi-Fish mobile app puts Dragonfly sonar vision right in the palm of your hand, plus you can rewind and capture sonar images to share online with friends.

for more info follow the link below!!!

http://www.raymarine.com/view/?id=11201
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

the iOS Boating Free and Paid versions for iPhone and iPad are live on iTunes Store with version 8.0.1.

What’s New in this version:

Free

o - Navionics+ package now offers overwhelming value! This update adds Advanced Map Options, Navigation Module and Auto routing to your existing subscription.

o - Free trial of Navionics+ is now extended to 1 week.

o - Auto routing: new algorithm improves usability from dock to destination. Points of interest may be used as starting and/or destination locations.

o - Help now includes a link to online support.

Paid

o - Navionics+ package now offers overwhelming value! This update adds Advanced Map Options, Navigation Module and Auto routing to your existing subscription.

o - Auto routing: new algorithm improves usability from dock to destination. Points of interest may be used as starting and/or destination locations.

o - Help now includes a link to online support.
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

Activating Navionics Updates card with a competitors card.

o Example: If you have a Lakemaster chip, you can now buy the Navionics Updates card at $99. The Lakemaster card will now activate the Navionics Updates card.

Any SD Card from-

· Hummingbird – (Lakemaster)

· Lowrance – (Insight)

· C-Map

· Garmin

· Furuno
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

Here is a couple ways you can acomplish that or if you already have contours these methods can help make them better.
Vexilar Sonar Phone
more info on Vexilar Sonar Phone: http://www.navionics.com/en/sonarphone

The SonarCharts? Live feature is enabled using a chartplotter/sounder/fishfinder connected via an NMEA 0183 compatible Wi-Fi router or using the SonarPhone T-BOX. The device is then connected to the Navionics Boating app that is available on Apple or Android.

Some compatible devices are listed below:

more info on Go Free: http://store.navico.com/ProductDetail.a ... -11068-001
more info on Digital Yacht: http://sonarserver.com/us/

Here is a video of a recording http://youtu.be/qHE8-i0KRpo

This is a before, during and after screen shot

Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

anyone checked these out yet? I have contributed to these and i have also learned alot. I think they are a great learning tool and even better Free!!!!

http://www.navionics.com/en/webinar
Macintosh
Species: drum

Post by Macintosh »

I have been following this feature because there are a number of smaller lakes I fish sometimes that have no charts at all available—waterbury reservoir and green river reservoir would be two local examples. I love the idea of being able to make a lake map for a lake where no map at all exists, but to be honest I’m more drawn to the Humminbird version even though it requires a hugely greater expense. Humminbird you buy their very expensive onyx unit and you can make your own maps with no wait, no subscription to renew every year, etc. If it takes me 5 years to make enough trips to waterbury res to wind up with a finished map, I don’t have to keep buying a subscription every year for the privilege of making a product that navionics will then turn around and sell to someone else for the same price I paid for an inferior product. Navionics is much less $, but with very few people in this area taking part in this program I think I’d be doing all the work and not getting any benefit from other local users since as far as I can tell there arent any local users. It would make a huge difference to me if you got a credit towards your yearly subscription for any data you processed or if someone could show me exactly where there’s new data so I can see what it might be worth to me to subscribe or where to direct efforts to cooperate with other users, but as it is I feel like I’d be doing a lot of work and not getting much return. I’d love to hear feedback from anyone that’s used this or is also considering this product.
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

So I have started mapping a lake here in VT that i have wanted to do for some time its Lake Bomoseen. before today it was simply a blue lake on the map with no sonar chart map available. If you have a lake or river that you wish had contours. check out what I did. This was done using my Sonar Phone from Vexilar ($150) and my IPad. i have about 10 hrs done so far with amazing results
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

I have updated my apps to Nav+ and are digging the extra features anyone else?