Navionics

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
Fish Hound
Species: everything

Navionics

Post by Fish Hound »

Hello everyone, I hope your summer is going well and you are putting the boots to the fish. I wanted to start another thread like we did for Lowrance help but this time for Navionics. It seems that the Lowrance thread has been beneficial and helped a few of you who have contacted me over the summer with questions/problems and I think we can do the same with Navionics. By now most of us know about and are using Navionics everyday we are on the water and even before we get on the water to help us find fish or to stay on the fish we have found. Like the Lowrance thread I will try to post valuable info, promotions and anything else that might be beneficial.

As always don't be afraid to give me a shout and I will do my best to help you out. I definitely don't have all of the answers but I do have resources available that should be able to help us out in those situations.

James Vladyka
802 774 8042
jamesvladyka@yahoo.com

If you don't have Navionics but you have a smart phone or tablet and you want to see what its all about I encourage you to go to your google play store or Itunes and download the free version of the app.

Fish Hound

Re: Navionics

Post by Fish Hound »

Click on the link below for more info and a direct link to your app store.

http://www.navionics.com/en/mobile-pc-app-1
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Thanks for your great help James.
Good initiative to start this new Navionics post
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
popster
Species: Salmo Salar Sebago

Post by popster »

NAVIONICS RESPONSE TO JUNE 6 INQUIRY

Subject: COURSE UP mode on iPad App

RECEIVED JULY 24

Thank you for contacting Navionics. We apologize for the delay in response due to the high volume of emails being received at this time.

Chart rotation is not an available function with the Navionics Mobile HD Apps at this time. Our developers are aggressively working on providing this option. Keep watching our website or join us on Facebook for the latest news and updates!

If you are using a compatible device, you can activate chart rotation by tapping the GPS button twice. The first tap will center your current location on the map. The second tap will activate the chart rotation function. Tapping again will deactivate the chart rotation.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Emily Lopes
Customer Service
Tel: 800-848-5896 | Fax:: 508-291-6006
Bill
"POINTER"
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

What’s new for iPhone and iPad are live on iTunes Store with v7.1.

A Navionics+ subscription now includes Navionics Nautical Charts, SonarCharts™ and Community Edits. It also provides 12 months of chart updates. After the 12 months expire you retain your charts and have the option to renew your subscription to updates.
Any previously purchased chart has been upgraded to Navionics+!
Experience the value of Navionics+! Choose a region and try Nautical Charts, SonarCharts™ and Community Edits for free!
US Government Charts now appear as originally presented in the unaltered nautical charts published by official government sources.
With Plotter Sync, if you have a Wi-Fi enabled Raymarine, you can update your plotter charts while on your boat or even expand the area. Check compatibility and other requirements at navionics.com/plotter-sync. NOTE: the previous feature for transferring routes, tracks and waypoints to and from Raymarine chartplotters has temporarily been removed from our apps in order to be optimized. It will be restored in the next months.
Bug fixing and optimization

What’s new for Navionics Boating Intro: Android

· A Navionics+ subscription now includes Navionics Nautical Charts, SonarCharts™ and Community Edits. It also provides 12 months of chart updates. After the 12 months expire you retain your charts and have the option to renew your subscription to updates
· Any previously purchased chart has been upgraded to Navionics+!
· Experience the value of Navionics+! Choose a region and try Nautical Charts, SonarCharts™ and Community Edits for free!
· Bug fixing and optimization

What’s new for Navionics Boating “Regions”:

· All Navionics Marine or Marine & Lakes apps are aligned and renamed Navionics Boating
· A Navionics+ subscription now includes Navionics Nautical Charts, SonarCharts™ and Community Edits. It also provides 12 months of chart updates. After the 12 months expire you retain your charts and have the option to renew your subscription to updates
· Your charts have been upgraded to Navionics+!
· Bug fixing and optimization
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

Here is a link that will help you learn how to log sonar on your Chart Plotter
whether you have a
Lowrance, Garmin, Raymarine, Humminbird, Simrad and B&G

http://www.navionics.com/en/plotter-tutorial
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

General Information…”Things you need to know”

The great selling Elite Gold bundle has now changed. Please see below IMPORTANT details:
- No longer a Gold chart. The chart included is now a Navionics+ chart
- The chart is PRELOADED with Navionics Gold AND Hot Maps Premium charting. This means the entire USA in Fresh and saltwater details all on same chart.

When purchased you can take it home and plug it into your computer. you can then customize the chart with Freshest Data and SonarCharts for the areas you wants.
Understand this will erase the current data on the chart. you will then get to draw a box for the areas you want until chart is filled. This gives you the newest chart info, nav aids, and SONARCHARTS. We are not able to fit SonarCharts onto the preprogrammed.
o Most should want to update as myself living in Vermont, I don’t care whats in Floria. I just want the best detail I can for where I go.

Our friends in Canada:
o The chart has Canada Coastal preprogrammed. No SonarCharts or lake.
o To get SonarCharts or lakes, consumer plugs chart into his computer and downloads wherever they want, USA and Canada.

· As a reminder, Navionics can now take GPX files from Lowrance/Simrad units
o How to Record and Save GPX logs – Lowrance - http://www.navionics.com/en/plotter-tutorial/lowrance
o How to Record and Save GPX logs – Simrad - http://www.navionics.com/en/plotter-tutorial/simrad
· Plotter Sync – Raymarine - http://www.navionics.com/en/plotter-sync
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

First test of Navionics/SonarPhone combo program.. Amazing
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... =2&theater
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Fish Hound wrote:First test of Navionics/SonarPhone combo program.. Amazing
Thanks James for the info.
Unfortunately the link does not seem to work... Can you double check.

Gerry
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
fishhuntadventure
Species: salmon, walleye, trout

Post by fishhuntadventure »

Fish Hound wrote:...As always don't be afraid to give me a shout and I will do my best to help you out. I definitely don't have all of the answers but I do have resources available that should be able to help us out in those situations.
James Vladyka
802 774 8042
jamesvladyka@yahoo.com
I just wanted to let everyone know I gave James "a shout" a few weeks back regarding a failure I had with a Lowrance unit that was not that old but was out of warranty. He is a man of his word and did use his resources to help me out.

James forwarded my information through his channels and I was contacted by his regional Lowrance rep shortly thereafter. He went out of his way to solve my dilemma and I only wound up going a few weeks without use of the Elite 5 gps.

I can definitely say this was superior service! Thanks James, and thank you Lowrance!

All the best-

Mark
The Office: 1964 Niagara Deluxe, 40hp
Top: I made it
Sonar/GPS: Eagle 480 and Lowrance Elite 5
Line: Seaguar, PowerPro, Excel
Maps: Navionics
Riggers: BigJon
Targets: Salmon, Walleye, more...
Inspiration: Grampa Charlie
The Point: You need to ask?!
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

Navionics will now run on Lap tops with windows 8.1 NOTE: certified devices are Nokia Lumia 2520, Surface Pro2 4G LTE, Dell Venue 8 Pro, Dell Venue 11i Pro you now have a functional GPS for your lap top.
This is Huge for sailing and large cruisers.
Here’s the link
http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us ... a6ccca5795
Last edited by Fish Hound on Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

Gecha (Gerry) wrote:
Fish Hound wrote:First test of Navionics/SonarPhone combo program.. Amazing
Thanks James for the info.
Unfortunately the link does not seem to work... Can you double check.

Gerry
I checked the link and it worked for me. It is a facebook link so that might be the issue you are having. does it work for anyone else?
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

Upload your previously saved sonar charts

http://www.navionics.com/en/news/lowran ... narcharts™
Fish Hound

Post by Fish Hound »

Have you owned a Lowrance, Simrad or B&G for some time? If so, you can create greatly enhanced SonarCharts™ of your favorite boating areas with almost no effort at all!

In fact, Lowrance, Simrad and B&G models automatically store sonar data by default during everyday use, so unless you have turned trails off, the whole library of sonar logs recorded since day one may be residing on the plotter’s memory. All you have to do now is export from your chartplotter to your Navionics card and upload to our website. Once sonar logs are saved on a card, it can be plugged into a computer and the data is transferred to Navionics through the internet to generate new SonarCharts™ for you and other boaters after about one week.

Here is how: http://www.navionics.com/en/plotter-tutorial/lowrance. You can print these instructions before you go to your boat or read them on your phone while you are onboard next to your sonar.

Only Navionics accepts sonar logs from all major brands including most models of Humminbird (DAT and GPX on all models, GPX only on ION and Onix), Raymarine (SDF, NMEA, GPX) and Garmin (ADM). Check http://www.navionics.com/en/compatibility. Boaters can choose to share all of their logs at once or they can record and export specific files. Raymarine Wi-Fi plotters can also participate directly through the Plotter Sync feature embedded in Navionics mobile apps for iPhone and iPad. Learn more about SonarCharts™ and find tutorials on how to record sonar logs.

View SonarCharts™ on most any device:

On GPS plotter, it’s included with Navionics+, Platinum+, and HotMaps Platinum for compatible plotters. Owners of any Gold, Silver, Marine & Lakes USA, and HotMaps Premium cards can have it with Navionics Updates.
On mobile, SonarCharts™ is included in Navionics+. Now available with iPhone, iPad, Android phone and tablet, and on Windows tablet and PC.
View on our WebApp any time. It’s free and convenient!
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Hello everyone,
I have been a navionics fan for years..... The best part of navionics it that you can download it to any iPhone or iPad for what seems to me... Penny's. Don't let you wife throw away her old iPhone, they make the best hand held units. Because of the 911 feature the phone allways stays active, just down load the navionics program and away you go.. No need to have a cell plan or even a phone number on the unit.
I have used my iPad (10in screen) on my boat with navionics for 5 years. At the time the app. Was only 14.99 and the i pad was 700.00. I still use this unit and that program every time I hit the water and the updates are free forever. the program is exstreamly accurate and I use it up and down the east coast all the way to my favorite Florida Red Fish holes.
Go NAVIONICS
Todd
Todd