Lure making...

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
4cs
Species: Salmon, Trout

Re: Lure making...

Post by 4cs »

Hey Ken

I have been very fortunate and humbled by some of the guys with a very special nickname "Picasso". LOL So in keeping with this line I'm now going to be calling you the "Michaelangelo" of lures, just amazing what you are doing by sculpting your own spoons, my hats off to you.

Pat
Crazy Ivan Lures

http://www.crazyivanlures.com/

Eat, Sleep, Fish and then a Crown Royal
dreamcatcher
Species: Champlain Fishes

Post by dreamcatcher »

Well everyone thank you for your replies and ideas, when I posted this I was just thinking maybe someone in their spare time would like to give it try did'nt expect this. I don't think of myself as an artist or starting a new career but if the opportunity presents it self who knows! :lol:
4cs (Pat) wrote:Hey Ken

I have been very fortunate and humbled by some of the guys with a very special nickname "Picasso". LOL So in keeping with this line I'm now going to be calling you the "Michaelangelo" of lures, just amazing what you are doing by sculpting your own spoons, my hats off to you.

Pat
Pat; "Michaelangelo"!!! :lol: And Rick; "Folk Lure Art" does sound professional! :) Thanks again guy's and try some "Tinkering and remember to "Recycle". :D
KEN K.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Ken, I really love your video.
As I used to sell and repair computers, I had a bunch of defective CD readers and power supplies lying around. I remember taking a few apart to salvage parts and help my kids create multiple school science projects.
It is incredible what can be done with used/salvage parts... it is only limited by our imagination.

I might consider giving it a try and cut a few spoons off too. How grateful it must be to catch a nice fish from a lure you build with your own hands. Not to mention it is a unique piece that could make many anglers jealous.

Thanks for sharing.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
JabberJaws
Species: all

Post by JabberJaws »

That is very cool! It must be a rush when one of your creations gets hammered (by a fish ;) .) Inspiring thanks Ramel
Quit Wishing Go Fishing
vtperchman
Species: all

Post by vtperchman »

that is cool u rock
dreamcatcher
Species: Champlain Fishes

Post by dreamcatcher »

Has anyone had time to try and make your own lures, if so how did they work out for you, if you can put up some pic's! :)
KEN K.