Choice for releases?????????

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Choice for releases?????????

Post by cpmaple »

What is everyone choice for release? I have roamer's right now an not to fond of them. Use to have walkers and like them thinking about going back to them. But wanted to hear what everyone else uses out their and how user friendly they are? thanks in advance Cpmaple
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Choice for releases?????????

Post by Reelax »

Blacks......................................... simple, easy and cheap.. And a fool can set them up....

IMHO chamberlains are too bulky going thru the water..... :shock:
Matt B
drachma
Species: Salmon, Lake Trout

Post by drachma »

Blacks!
Saltwater or fresh. Big fish or small. I first discovered them when I was living and fishing out of the Palm Beach inlet.
I love the settings on the Chamberlains, but, Matt's right on the "blow back factor".

Michael
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

I use Scotty's release clips. Not pricy and very easy to use.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Post by cpmaple »

I picked up three blacks releases that were in stock at runnings late in the fall just have to get one more. Look to be very simple to use and less bulky then the chamberlains i have now. Thanks Matt for the advice. Hoping to pick up a few inline boards for the spring. Any opinion on them? Always had regular boards which take up room so hoping to give the inlines a shot before i look at a now mast and boards. thanks in advance cpmaple {chad}
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

In my opinion either the TX-6 or TX-12 boards from Church Tackle work great for pulling spoons and small sticks and keeping the load on the rod to a minimum. Some folks prefer the offshore brand of boards, both are very good. If your not pulling 5+colors of lead or a mini diver setup, using a smaller board works best OMHO...

Good luck and let us know what you choose...
Matt B
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

I think the ability to really load the rod with the Chamberlain's, far outweigh any blow back issue, especially with a long set back. Also a soft set to the lure can even be dialed in to trip on a weed. Less hitchhikers.