Wife wants to fish - where to go for guaranteed success?

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
pnutbutter
Species: Trout

Wife wants to fish - where to go for guaranteed success?

Post by pnutbutter »

In a very rare turn of events, my wife has expressed interest in fishing this weekend. I'd to show her that this sport isn't all about having tangled lines and no fish (that I could provide on my own, guaranteed). I haven't been out in the past couple months - any suggestions for places fishing super well right now? She's species agnostic (but does like perch tacos...). We'd be fishing from shore or a canoe. We live in Richmond, someplace semi-local would be preferable.

Can anyone share a tip? This is my best chance to get her hooked!
pnutbutter

Re: Wife wants to fish - where to go for guaranteed success?

Post by pnutbutter »

If it were earlier in the summer I'd hit up Shelburne bay weed lines for perch and bass... just not sure that's a winning strategy now that temperatures have dropped.
Dilly Worm
Species: target salmon & catch togue

Post by Dilly Worm »

Cedar Lake (Monkton Pond) is as close to guaranteed fish as I know. Its close to Richmond and there is a F&W access that's good for putting in a canoe. Bluegills, pumpkinseeds, & perch are plentiful and they all were biting last weekend. My 4-yr old daughter & I caught a bunch of them Sunday using worms. Crappie, bigger largemouth bass, and decent size pike are in there too, although not on Sunday for us.

Good luck getting your wife (and a fish) hooked !
Attachments
IMG_20191006_124151.jpg
IMG_20191006_124151.jpg (92.95 KiB) Viewed 695 times
I do not exaggerate when I talk about fishing - I underestimate, like I say "just one more cast honey, then I'll come home" !
Keep Calm and... Fish On !
pnutbutter

Post by pnutbutter »

Nice! Your daughter looks pretty excited about her fish.