Making a return in spring of 2020

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Making a return in spring of 2020

Postby cpmaple » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:09 am

Been off the water for a few years due to selling boat. But just this past week I was blessed with a present from a man I help out with his haying in the summer. Been helping out for the last 5yrs haying all summer long to a gentleman now the rd who is 83yrs young with hay. Had a boat that's been sitting since 2009. 18' Grumman with 4 rigger, main and kicker motor. Came to me sunday as I was getting ready to rack hay and asked if I wanted it I said yes but I was working on the money end for it, told me to hook to it I could have it. Needs a new floor but that minor will be back on the pond in the spring. Need to find a Name for it that reflects this gentleman for what he gaven me.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: Making a return in spring of 2020

Postby Gecha (Gerry) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:11 am

That's a nice gesture from that gentleman. You will cherish that boat for a long time.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
TUnamas

Postby TUnamas » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:23 pm

That's a great story! I wish you were closer as I'd love to get my hands dirty with a boat project this winter and helping replace the floor of an old Grumman would be a good start. Name her well!
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Postby Reelax » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:12 pm

What a great story... HayMaker maybe a good name... Looking forward to seeing you on the pond again!!
Matt B
cpmaple
Species: salmon,lakers and catfish

Postby cpmaple » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:27 am

Thank you all, Reelax that name would fit perfect thanks for the suggestion. This boat does mean a lot already the gentleman is like my gramp he lost his right leg to atv verus motor cycles accident 3 yrs ago crossing th rd infront of his house coming from feeding cows. He has a heart of gold an the will power of a man I never know existed.