A fellow fisherman needs your help in a time of need.

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

A fellow fisherman needs your help in a time of need.

Post by Reelax »

An old fishing friend Andy, who many of you may know as BOTTOMDOLLAR on this forum has a life challenge ahead of him, and could use our help....

This past December, Andy went to Urgent Care suffering from what he thought were gallstones and was blindsided with a diagnosis of stage IV colon cancer that had spread to his liver and lungs. Due to worsening symptoms, he was unable to return to work. He is currently undergoing an aggressive round of chemotherapy to manage the disease and anticipates many to follow.

https://www.gofundme.com/bridget-and-andy

Please feel free to let Andy know we are thinking and are pulling for him in the challenging days ahead..... By replying here....

Fish on Brother!
Matt B
TUnamas

Re: A fellow fisherman needs your help in a time of need.

Post by TUnamas »

Praying for you Andy and Bridget! If you may be up to it once the lake opens up, I've got a big stable platform and I'm sure we can rustle up a deck crew to help get you on the water and lift your spirits! Be strong!
popster
Species: Salmo Salar Sebago

Post by popster »

I'm happy to mate for you, Scott. Just let me know when. Hang in there Andy. Good thoughts your way.
Bill
Bill
"POINTER"
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

Good luck Andy, I'm sure we'll be seeing your much welcomed posts soon! If you ever want a ride, I'm in the water after the first week of June, and only need to travel a little more than a mile and I'm fishing.
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Post by Greenhorn »

Wishing you the best Andy. I don't think I have had the pleasure of meeting you yet, but we are all like family in the LCU forum. May you draw strength from the power of the friendships and the common love of the being on the water that we all share.
BottomDollar
Species: cold water

Post by BottomDollar »

LCU is a truly amazing community and I want to thank you guys for the support and help. My treatment is going well, but it's expensive, so your help is greatly appreciated, as are the kind words.

I expect to have the boat ready by late April, but I'll gladly take an open seat if anybody needs a deckhand.

Gonna have to go back to bottomdollar I guess, but I'll keep the boat name :D
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Post by Reelax »

sorry Andy, I still think of you as Bottomdollar. Totally forgot you have changed forum Name to Laurentide... thanks for the reply. We are all pullin for you buddy.
Matt B
fishy1
Species: many species

Post by fishy1 »

good luck with your health we are all pulling for you. i am also fighting cancer and im doing fine according to my dr. i went through 43 radiation treatments in 2017 late fall and now im getting shots evey 6 months to contain it. stay positive and keep doing what you like doing. a little reminder my medical bills are ongoing and there is help available please check with you adiminstration. a year later i found out about it and got help within a month. please pm me if you would like some info.
BottomDollar

Post by BottomDollar »

fishy1 wrote:good luck with your health we are all pulling for you. i am also fighting cancer and im doing fine according to my dr. i went through 43 radiation treatments in 2017 late fall and now im getting shots evey 6 months to contain it. stay positive and keep doing what you like doing. a little reminder my medical bills are ongoing and there is help available please check with you adiminstration. a year later i found out about it and got help within a month. please pm me if you would like some info.
Thanks fishy. Like you, I have the kind that will never go away, but chemo is doing its job and my symptoms are almost gone now except for side effects. UVMMC is helping me out quite a bit, but the bills don't stop. 6 chemo infusion sessions and then I go to pills in April. I'm on SSD and trying to hack together some part time work.

Good luck with your own fight, and f*ck cancer.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Wishing both you fellas all the best. Stay positive. We are all pulling for ya's and anyone that gets sick for that matter.
Fish on!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Greenhorn
Species: Anything with gills

Post by Greenhorn »

I have to admire those of you that continue to do the things you enjoy even though you are sick. I hope I have the strength you gentlemen have if I end up in a similar situation. Thanks for inspiring us and call on us when you need help, support, or just someone to fish with.
Fishinpole
Species: Trout/Salmon

Post by Fishinpole »

I hope it all works out for the best. Stay strong.
BottomDollar

Post by BottomDollar »

Fishinpole wrote:I hope it all works out for the best. Stay strong.
Thanks bud, going pretty well, all the mets are still stable. UVMMC has been good to me, and their financial aid is a literal life saver.