Harriman Res closed until further notice

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
Trackertroller
Species: Cold & Warm Water

Harriman Res closed until further notice

Post by Trackertroller »

Most locals were trying to be optimistic, Guess Irene put more into the lake than she could handle. Wilmington health officer has now posted signs NO SWIMMING OR BOATING. Can't figure out why no fishing???

Trailering a boat from down here really isn't an option with road conditions. Now just hoping the duck boat can handle these roads in the months to come.
JEREMY
1987 24' Chaparral
"Plenty of Fish"
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: Harriman Res closed until further notice

Post by raz »

Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Trackertroller
Species: Cold & Warm Water

Post by Trackertroller »

Gerry I don't know how you find all this info, thank you.

As recreational boaters were asked on LC to not go into the water, Just couldn't understand why is says nothing about fishing if there is such a concern.

I have had a first hand look in many places on the lake, there are some bad spots, but I have seen just as bad in May there.
JEREMY
1987 24' Chaparral
"Plenty of Fish"
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Trackertroller wrote:I have had a first hand look in many places on the lake, there are some bad spots, but I have seen just as bad in May there.
I'm thinkin' it's probably the invisible stuff in the water...not necessarily the stuff we can see floating on the water that caused health officials to close the lake.
Maybe they'll open it once the "test" results come back?
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
Brian
Species: fin fish

Post by Brian »

Thanks for this valuable post. Harriman is a home water for me and even though fishing there isn't on my radar screen right now, it's nice to know the situation.

The CT river in Brattleboro is slowly clearing of turbidity. The West river is much dirtier as of yesterday. Went to the Vernon dam and only three flood gates were open. Water levels were pretty normal below and above the dam. Lots of current naturally.
Got bass thumb?
blue lund
Species: salmon trout walleye

Post by blue lund »

Unfortunately the reservoir wasn't as low as it is normally during the late summer time frame. I was thinking about trying it once more this year for trout, looks like I will have to skip that plan for now.