Trying to barter for fishing time.

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
Jausman
Species: Bass

Trying to barter for fishing time.

Post by Jausman »

Going to try something here... I am an avid saltwater striper fisherman - I launch out of Newburyport Ma 30-40 times a season. I usually do fine ;) . .. I run the right boat, I have the right gear. BUT- What I don't have is a FW bass boat. This spring.. Mid May-- If my Bass crazed brother from Tx were to come to visit, he'd want to fish Champlain (big time). Can I barter or trade fishing days with a bassin guy up there. I'd host you and whoever for equal time on my boat when the stripers are chowing.. It would be either a Wed and Thursday (the 12th and 13th May) Monday and Tuesday (17th and 18th) Now, we can get a guide if this is not a good idea for you FW bass guys. We get guides typically on these get-togethers... ----- I just thought it makes sense since this is all sorta close New England fishing. Send me a note if I'm striking the right cord here.. my next post failing this will be for Guide recommendations... THANK YOU!
Jausman

Re: Trying to barter for fishing time.

Post by Jausman »

Going to try something here... I am an avid saltwater striper fisherman - I launch out of Newburyport Ma 30-40 times a season. I usually do fine ;) . .. I run the right boat, I have the right gear. BUT- What I don't have is a FW bass boat. This spring.. Mid May-- If my Bass crazed brother from Tx were to come to visit, he'd want to fish Champlain (big time). Can I barter or trade fishing days with a bassin guy up there. I'd host you and whoever for equal time on my boat when the stripers are chowing.. It would be either a Wed and Thursday (the 12th and 13th May) Monday and Tuesday (17th and 18th) Now, we can get a guide if this is not a good idea for you FW bass guys. We get guides typically on these get-togethers... ----- I just thought it makes sense since this is all sorta close New England fishing. Send me a note if I'm striking the right chord here.. my next post failing this will be for Guide recommendations... THANK YOU! (pics for attention) , Jim
Attachments
boat 2.jpg
boat 2.jpg (83.47 KiB) Viewed 905 times
july 2019 stiper.jpg
july 2019 stiper.jpg (93.74 KiB) Viewed 905 times
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

You might want to join Fish 802 on FB. We have bass guys here, but 802 has 9,000 members nowadays, and probably you will find more bass guys. A lot on here are cold water guys. By the way, do you know what a bass fisherman is?... Someone who can't catch salmon. Ha ha.
C-Hawk
Species: salmon,lake trout

Post by C-Hawk »

If you want to trade laker and salmon fishing for striper fishing, you are in the right place .
Jausman

Post by Jausman »

Ohhhh.. ok thanks guys. I'm set up with all the stuff to troll already. ( Been getting better salmon on Winni this spring! finally.. ) Our pelagic salmonids run smaller down here.. but it seems on the upswing. Anyway..
Little brother moved to Tx and can hardly get interested unless he is catching black bass anymore.