Impact Boat Fenders

General discussion not related to Lake Champlain.
digitroll (ron)

Impact Boat Fenders

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Trying a couple of these out to replace my round inflatable 9" traditional fenders. They have a $20 off code till Labor day for each. Less space needed for storage in my boat. Blue ones (size) are the ones I ordered in black.

The code is: LABORDAY20 with free shipping.

https://www.impactfenders.com

Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Re: Impact Boat Fenders

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

I've seen them on some boats. They look really nice and don't take much space. Good alternative to round bumpers. Thanks for sharing Ron.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
digitroll (ron)

Good to know Gerry.. I am all about reducing stuff and creating more space. I just downsized my boat to 2 riggers. Took the back ones off and will save them for backup. The alternate delivery systems have been working very well ie. segmented lead with Offshore boards / Lite Bites / Mini Discs by Big Jon. Nice having all that work space! Even out in Ontario it was a joy to run 2 riggers and 2 Dipsies!

digitroll (ron)

Just arrived!

Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Your new fenders look GREAT.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
striper192001
Species: salmon

Post by striper192001 »

I love your comments about 2 riggers. I am just getting back into trolling and have just two riggers. Picked up Amish trolling bags so excited to not have to pick up a kicker........trying to keep boat low key for use non-fishing. I have picked up some slide divers but need rod/reel setup for them.....do you have suggestions for these? I don't plan on heading to Ontario with this boat so Champlain only. Thanks Ron, John
digitroll (ron)

John,

Okuma makes a good dipsy rod 9' ft for Lite Bites or Dipsies. The Coldwater reel in the 30 size by Okuma is a decent reel as well. Can be used for Ontario or Champlain. Use 50 lb Power Pro braid about 400 feet and 20 lb mono backing Trilene Big Game.

Ron
digitroll (ron)

Had a chance to test these new boat fenders yesterday on the dock at the Burlington Coast Guard station. First time out in a month here. Really pleased with their performance and no fender bounce experienced like my former larger 8" diameter traditional fenders. I was able to get much closer to the dock with these fenders and really like coverage they provide! Nothing exciting today just glass like conditions with going 4/5 on small LT running north of the Bouquet and then Buoy 19 up to Shelburne point returning on the Vt side for 4 hours. 2 hrs each side of the lake. Very nice September day to be out on the water with Pete Durocher my guest. Plenty of deep water at the dock there. The Kiosk (One armed bandit) is back up and running I see. After watching 3 out of 4 down riggers pop in 15 seconds on my Lake Ontario trip and landing those triples a few weeks back on Dave's boat I decided to put the 2 back riggers back on when I returned! Oh well! LOL Planning for the Bar May 2021 which can be absolute mayhem at times for 2 fisherman and 6 rods.