Changing lures

Papatom
Species: Salmon

Changing lures

Post by Papatom »

Changing lures to find the color of the day can be frustrating especially with some of snaps on the market today. Some are very hard for me to open and i have to use needle nose plyers to open or shut!!!
I was wondering if any one has found a "easy" or "quick change" type snap that works good for them. Any recommendations out there?????
THANKS
mudchuck
Species: perch

Re: Changing lures

Post by mudchuck »

Papatom wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:29 am Changing lures to find the color of the day can be frustrating especially with some of snaps on the market today. Some are very hard for me to open and i have to use needle nose plyers to open or shut!!!
I was wondering if any one has found a "easy" or "quick change" type snap that works good for them. Any recommendations out there?????
THANKS
I use "Fastach" type instead of snaps.
Much simpler and easy on the fingers.
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

I almost always use vmc duo-locks, but this past weekend I ran into a few that I had to pull my needle nose pliers out to open and close. I thought I was losing it, and I know my vision isn't what it used to be, but then I thought maybe it was just a bad run. Your message now has me rethinking it!
popster
Species: Salmo Salar Sebago

Post by popster »

Did you mean "bad rum" Scott?
Bill
"POINTER"
TUnamas

Post by TUnamas »

popster wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:57 pm Did you mean "bad rum" Scott?
No Bill, 11 years sober for me, so any difficulties I had wasn't related to rum, bad or not!!
striper192001
Species: salmon

Post by striper192001 »

Where is the best place to get some of those snaps.........? And is it Fastach ?