Big John Mini Diver Modification

Mr. Gill
Species: Bluegills

Big John Mini Diver Modification

Post by Mr. Gill »

I don't like to use inline boards when fishing alone. Thought about how to make mini diver take lure further from boat without diving as deep. I took off the plate, removed the crescent shaped lead weight, cut it in half and put half the weight back in. Do you guys think that will work?
Crayfish
Species: All of them

Re: Big John Mini Diver Modification

Post by Crayfish »

It might ... just watch it to make sure it doesn't spin on you. The further out to the side they are the less stable they become.
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Mr Gill,
Sounds like a fun idea. Let us know how it works. We have the “MD light bite big john mini divers” (that’s a mouth full. A very crafty forum member showed us how to make those fun little disc release when there is a strike and slide down the line. I use them all the time and sometimes they are the key to a few more fish in the boat.
Todd
Todd
Mr. Gill
Species: Bluegills

Post by Mr. Gill »

Ivan....I would love to know how to make them release & slide. Could you describe or refer me to instructions on how to do that? Thanks.
mudchuck
Species: perch

Post by mudchuck »

Mr. Gill wrote:Ivan....I would love to know how to make them release & slide. Could you describe or refer me to instructions on how to do that? Thanks.
I'm also interested in how to make them release & slide
JabberJaws
Species: all

Post by JabberJaws »

mudchuck wrote:
Mr. Gill wrote:Ivan....I would love to know how to make them release & slide. Could you describe or refer me to instructions on how to do that? Thanks.
I'm also interested in how to make them release & slide

X3
Maybe a pic. Ramel
Quit Wishing Go Fishing