Fish Hawk TD

JDK
Species: Togue

Fish Hawk TD

Post by JDK »

Thinking of pulling the trigger on a TD and have a couple of questions.

Battery life: Website says a 20 year life expectancy. Is this correct?

Usage: My main reason is to find temperate but I would also like to see depth when running a Lite Bite. Every video I have seen shows the unit clipped to the diver. Fish Hawk's website says to set the diver where you want and then let the unit slide down the line. I wonder how a TD clipped to a Lite Bite might effect the dive rate of the diver?
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Fish Hawk TD

Post by Reelax »

I have had a couple of these over the years... They do exactly what they say.... I have either sold or given away the ones I have because they are redundant from a X4D perspective and folks without can really use them. I have never seen or heard of a battery running out. I would expect at least 5 years use from one... I do think they effect sink rate of a diver some, but not much... Never heard of hooking to line and letting it slide down... That may work well...

My input would be if you dont have a way to get temp and depth, this is a cheap way to go, and worth the $150 for it new...

Good luck!
Matt B
JDK

Post by JDK »

Thank you Reelax
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

It's a lot easier to just attach your TD on a line already set out. Use a big swivel for the TD and watch the line until it twitches when it hits the Slide Diver. Pull it in and check the data. Same idea with mini-discs or lead. No need to attach it and let it out which is time consuming.
JDK

Post by JDK »

Thanks Ron
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Digitroll (Ron) wrote:It's a lot easier to just attach your TD on a line already set out. Use a big swivel for the TD and watch the line until it twitches when it hits the Slide Diver. Pull it in and check the data. Same idea with mini-discs or lead. No need to attach it and let it out which is time consuming.
Ron:

Thanks for the response and great tip.
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen
tamiron
Species: trout, salmon

Post by tamiron »

Digitroll (Ron) wrote:It's a lot easier to just attach your TD on a line already set out. Use a big swivel for the TD and watch the line until it twitches when it hits the Slide Diver. Pull it in and check the data. Same idea with mini-discs or lead. No need to attach it and let it out which is time consuming.
Ron:

Thanks for the response and great tip.
Lures designed by fishermen for fishermen