Lake Huron (Cheboygan, Michigan)

Share info and fishing reports from waters other than Lake Champlain.
digitroll (ron)

Re: Lake Huron (Cheboygan, Michigan)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

It's a wrap. 20 mph hour howling with gusts up to 25 mph late this afternoon. Bill just called to cancel tonights final fishing trip. Tomorrow is a pack day watching the kids and early Friday am. hitting the road. Awesome trip this year.

Sleeps: Not much time to sleep. :)

I posted our Lock tour trip from yesterday from Sault St. Marie on the general forum category. Here is a video from that trip thru the lock on the tour boat:

bumpnrun
Species: salmon

Post by bumpnrun »

Nice fish Ron ,you look pretty proud and u should thats a nice fish am counting the days before i go to ont, cant wait. .Have a great time on your vac, BUMP.
Roger Lav
digitroll (ron)

Thanks Roger. Best of luck to you in Lake Ontario as I look forward to your adventure posted here.

Since we don't have an other fishing reports section for places other than Champlain or Ontario I put in a request to the site owners to add a new category for trips to other waters. Maybe they can move this one when it's created to this new category and others recently started in the general + champlain reports in the last week. Seems with the recent surge of reports outside our area it's time for a new category for out of town reports.

R
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Digitroll (Ron) wrote: Since we don't have an other fishing reports section for places other than Champlain or Ontario I put in a request to the site owners to add a new category for trips to other waters. Maybe they can move this one when it's created to this new category and others recently started in the general + champlain reports in the last week. Seems with the recent surge of reports outside our area it's time for a new category for out of town reports.
R
Great idea Ron. It's finished. It's a sub-forum in "Other" titled "Other non-Lake Champlain Reports", it's directly under "Lake Ontario".
Your thread has been moved there along with Plantstone's and Pierre's recent non-Champlain reports.

Hey...thanks for the great thread....nice King Ron!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
digitroll (ron)

Nice job Gerry! It's great to have a forum that input from members is considered and to have a moderator that is pro-active keeping the peace and things civil.

It's wonderful to have a non-Champlain fishing report section for all those out of town visits from our members to those regions.

Speaking of birthdays this forum was born on Aug. 28th a year ago and the same day as hurricane Irene. Well done Ludo and Raz.

*Edited to reflect the correct date for the forum and Irene above. Thanks, Raz.
Last edited by digitroll (ron) on Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Thanks Ron for those great reports... it like being there with you on your vacation :D :D
I don't have much to report on my stay in Ocean City so far, fishing has been pretty death for me.

Looking forward to seeing you on the big pond in fall.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
digitroll (ron)

Just got thru the Port Huron border crossing into Canada from Michigan at Noon today and we had to crawl the first 1 hour thru 2 miles to get by this accident that happened 3 hours before we arrived. The bridge was compromised and the canadian thruway 402 was closed for that section blocked by this truck. He slammed into a parked police cruiser unoccupied as the officer was investigating a previous accident we heard on the news on a radio station. The detour was off this ramp and back on the on ramp east of this bridge. Had time to dig the camera out and snap these photos. Yikes!

About halfway home tonight at a suburb east of Toronto (Kitchner, Ontario) 11 hours in the van today with 2 hours of traffic delays (no fun). The hotel is nice here though!

jusfishin
Species: Salmon

Post by jusfishin »

Great pictorial as usual Ron.......sounds like another great trip, nice job on the king, a great Michigan Chinny for sure......I think your only mistake is not stopping at Lake O on your way home......LOL........thanks for the report.........
digitroll (ron)

Thanks Scott! Good luck on your trip over to the Big O. Going by Port Hope, Ontario was tough today seeing a few boats heading West on 401 and later on route 11 from Vermont. Rolled into town at 3:35 pm. 8 hours on the road for day 2 it was good to be home after a sum of 2,200 miles East and West.
Crazy Ivan
Species: All

Post by Crazy Ivan »

Love to read your reports. That is one monster salmon...... Can you bring one back alive and drop it at split rock?
Todd
Todd
digitroll (ron)

That would be fun to release one near split rock. Imagine one of those freight trains being caught on 8 lb test and spooling the person on the other end. :)

Good luck this Fall. Looking forward to seeing you out there and a guest appearance on the Digitroll (film at eleven).
WildFisherWoman
Species: The Toothiest N Meanest!

Post by WildFisherWoman »

What a great report. Looks like a ton of fun. Thanks for the look, nice fish and omg on the truck.
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"