Central Vt

Check and share here for the latest ice fishing reports!
JabberJaws
Species: all

Central Vt

Post by JabberJaws »

I have had a few hard core guys In the shop today looking for bait (will be here tomorrow). They have found 4-5" of ice and some willing perch on some smaller ponds and I heard there was 4-5" on South Bay in Newport that was 2nd or 3rd hand info though. If you go out anywhere check the ice as you go as it varies and there is not allot of room for error. Have fun stay safe. Ramel
Quit Wishing Go Fishing
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: Central Vt

Post by raz »

Thanks for the update Ramel.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
NY Ranger
Species: Bass

Post by NY Ranger »

If this weather keeps up it's looking like we'll have the bassboat back out real soon. Going to take one hell of a cold snap to button things up this year. I'd be willing to bet that Lake George doesn't make it this year.
Matt
Species: Any

Post by Matt »

NY Ranger wrote:If this weather keeps up it's looking like we'll have the bassboat back out real soon. Going to take one hell of a cold snap to button things up this year. I'd be willing to bet that Lake George doesn't make it this year.
I wanna be on the ice jiggin' for Perch and slaying them....since the rivers too high!!
bumpnrun
Species: salmon

Post by bumpnrun »

Matt think ice. 8-)
Roger Lav
Shake-n-Bake
Species: coldwater

Post by Shake-n-Bake »

NY Ranger I'm hoping your wrong about Lake George. Got my fingers crossed for the 3rd week of January, that seems to be the time each year but it sure is not looking good.
See you on the pond!
Reel Delight (Walt)
Species: Trout, Salmon, & other

Post by Reel Delight (Walt) »

Shake-n-Bake wrote:NY Ranger I'm hoping your wrong about Lake George. Got my fingers crossed for the 3rd week of January, that seems to be the time each year but it sure is not looking good.
I would almost be willing to take a bet against the 3rd week of Jan. for Lake George this year. If we have any ice at that time, it won't be anything I would venture out on at Lake George. I hate to say it, but we will be lucky to see some of the bays icing over by then.
Retired & ready to fish!
Arima Sea Ranger "Reel Delight"
Past President of the Lake George Fishing Alliance
member of the US Power Squadron and USN Vet.
Formerly AKA "Fishing Eagle"