chittenden damn

Check and share here for the latest ice fishing reports!
fishingmachine
Species: salmon,Lake trout

chittenden damn

Post by fishingmachine »

first, I want to thank whoever is responsible for this hardwater section,I think it is a great idea and I will try to get reports out at least once a week about what is going on down here in the rutland county area,L.Bomoseen,L.Dunmore.St. Catherine and southern Champlain for starters. A friend of mine was up at Chittenden dam yesterday and said there was 2" of ice all the way across but didn't know how safe it was. He didn't dare walk on it yet,especially cause he was alone. So far I have not heard of anyone actually ice fishing yet but will keep my ears open.Went to Fish 307 open house Saturday,they had seminars and put on a nice display of new ice fishing equipment,Sadly I discovered I already have everything. So I didn't buy much but was impressed by the new portable shanties that have insulated fabric in their design.They look like they would keep you toasty warm. that's all for now.Good luck fishing and be safe out there on new ice,,,,,frank
Last edited by fishingmachine on Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thorny

Re: chittenden damn

Post by Thorny »

Hi Frank
I used to live right down the road from the dam. Lots of perch and an occasional Walleye.
Captain Rob Thorne
Captain Thorny's Fishing Charters
Rcthorne1@aol.com
riverrunner
Species: Salmonids

Post by riverrunner »

Fern lake in Leicester, VT was frozen over today. Nobody had been out yet though
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Yesterday morning I was text-ed a pic of ice on Mallets Bay at Mills point. It probably didn't hold up to the winds but the time is near.
Like Frank said...be safe on new ice.
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
bumpnrun
Species: salmon

Post by bumpnrun »

THIS is going to be a good forum :)
Roger Lav