Allen point (entrance/exit to/from outer mallets)

Check and share here for the latest ice fishing reports!
Registered Kayak
Species: Salmon and the rest

Allen point (entrance/exit to/from outer mallets)

Post by Registered Kayak »

Well you know..... like the fish and game site says, they don't plow, haha they don't!! ;) actually had to use 4 wheel aggression for the first time since last year. The Duramax is a beauty.
.... anyways, like I was saying. Decided to give the broad lake side a go and the area around and on the cut. Ice thickness varied from 12" - 4" on the cut. open water there about the size of a dinner plate. good current in there too. Didn't get a nibble or see anything ...... drug the gear over the bike path.. saw another fishermen out about 1/4 mile( he later talked to me and only got 1 perch to which I was amazed since I hadn't seen a single fish for hours). walked and drill every 100 yards. plenty of weeds.... no fish. discovered rocks and gravel in 9' on the horseshoe back toward the shore and the parking lot. the wind and snow was getting real thick. decided to cut one more hole...... 3' deep right next to bike path.... and now I am cooking up my half dozen 9-11" perch. They have been eating bb sized snails and bugs in case you wonder. :geek:
Keeping the posts going as I do em.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Allen point (entrance/exit to/from outer mallets)

Post by Reelax »

Great ice fishing post. Perserverance severed you dinner! Nice job.
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Re: Allen point (entrance/exit to/from outer mallets)

Post by raz »

My Ford don't need no aggression switch. Aggressive driver does the trick! Just kidding! 8-)

You went after them, hunted them, and scored. Great ice post. Thanks for the read!
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry