Windy at Keeler bay

Check and share here for the latest ice fishing reports!
Registered Kayak
Species: Salmon and the rest

Windy at Keeler bay

Post by Registered Kayak »

Got out to the spot with a scoop of minnow and instantly lost a 5mm tungsten jig to a medium sized pike. The deeper the water, the more action I discovered. The wind was pretty strong, had to actually use ice anchors to strap down the shanty sled. That thing took a roll when I went to go check out the tip ups. Pretty embarrassing, if anyone would have been out today. :oops:
But went out and found the edge of the vegetation and hooked into but didn't land pike, bass, bluegill, and another desirable species I'll tell once I go back and capture the elusive fish. Brought back plenty of big perch for the frying pan. ;)
Attachments
Keeler bay.jpg
Black Ghost (Ken)
Species: Salmon et al

Re: Windy at Keeler bay

Post by Black Ghost (Ken) »

Went out on Keelers with cousin Jeff in search of the yellow perch today - Sunday. Not at all productive. Couldn't be outside more than a few minutes in the 0 degree 20 plus mph condions. Bite was nearly zero too!
Black Ghost (Ken)
Registered Kayak
Species: Salmon and the rest

Post by Registered Kayak »

I hope that I have better luck this week when I go back out there on Keeler's. Maybe the weather will be better as well. If its real nice I might just have to march around the Georgia shore and get after these whitefish I've been reading about here on the forum. I devised my kayak's fish finder and an old tip up to make this. I think it will be instrumental.
Attachments
Lowrance ice machine.JPG
dreamcatcher
Species: Champlain Fishes

Post by dreamcatcher »

Black Ghost (Ken) wrote:Went out on Keelers with cousin Jeff in search of the yellow perch today - Sunday. Not at all productive. Couldn't be outside more than a few minutes in the 0 degree 20 plus mph condions. Bite was nearly zero too!
x2 That oh.... to be young again!! :)
KEN K.