White perch bonanza

Check and share here for the latest ice fishing reports!
Matt
Species: Any

White perch bonanza

Post by Matt »

Hit St Albans this morning with a friend from work - only a few guys in the whole bay when we arrived around 8. Had the ice to ourselves for a while. Immediately hit a school of big whites in 25 fow. More of my friends showed up and the action picked back up. By then my bucket was overflowing. All 6 of us were crushing whites for an hour straight. We all landed some hogs with a few hitting 14". Unreal day. I had no bucket room left and had about 50 fish in my sled. My friend I went with had almost 2 buckets and my other friends had a bucket each in just the few hours they were there.

All fish were right off bottom with bibets and minnows. Friend lost something massive that we didn't get to see.

After sorting, I had a 7 gallon bucket full of perch over 10" with 3 being 14". The 5 gallon was overflowing with ones about 8-10". Overall an incredible day. I know where I'll be next weekend!
mudchuck
Species: perch

Re: White perch bonanza

Post by mudchuck »

Yep, sounds like last week when I got into them right after leaving work and just before sunset, filled a 5 gallon pial in an hour, there were hitting everything and even had a couple straighten hooks out.

Glad to hear you were into them too.