Heads up Georgia Shore!

Check and share here for the latest ice fishing reports!
Matt
Species: Any

Re: Heads up Georgia Shore!

Post by Matt »

tuckhunts87 wrote:
mudchuck wrote:Eh, that would be me...I was driving 30 feet away from a pressure crack between the park & burton when I saw a puddle, I turned and the car slid to a stop right on top of the crack and went to back away when front tires busted thru over top some rocks in 3FOW...ruined my day and my week now.
I sent out a call for help on iceshanty.com and no one on the bay would lift a finger to help...cost me some dough to get SATFD to come out & pull it back up onto the ice with a come-along.
Was a dozen trucks out there at 7AM, hard to believe not one of them had a tow rope. Took a couple of hours to get things going from shore with the come-along crew.
they probly were worried about breakin through aswell!
There were trucks twice as heavy as his car all over the ice. The ice itself was safe but just that one spot between islands has a weak spot near the crack. I'm surprised no one even tried to help. Could have tried to tie a chain or rope from a distance. I'm sure some of the guys out there lived minutes away.... But it doesn't surprise me that nobody helped, especially that area lol.