Last trip for the season

Check and share here for the latest ice fishing reports!
tiny

Last trip for the season

Post by tiny »

Had a fun quick trip to Mallet's Bay tonight. We found 10-12" of decent ice but the shorelines are going fast. I only caught a few small bluegill until hooking in to a big master angler sunfish at 10.25". I kept the streak of releasing all of my MA fish and I was rewarded with a hot bite and 20 keeper pumpkinseeds in 30 minutes before sunset. I also have a picture of Cas from last weekend with a nice crappie after he took a 20 year break from ice fishing.

Here's the master angler pumpkinseed from tonight

And the keepers that came quick after the big fish
WildFisherWoman
Species: The Toothiest N Meanest!

Re: Last trip for the season

Post by WildFisherWoman »

Nice seeds :D Sadly my ice fishing is over too :cry:
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"
mudchuck
Species: perch

Post by mudchuck »

Me too, cleaned all the gear out of the ol' Subaru on Sunday.
My heart is still wanting one or 2 more trips out after work this week, but my head is telling me no way after 54F and 30MPH winds yesterday...thinking the ice will break up from shore quickly this week and get real punky too.
Saturday had a great time up on Maquam Shore, got my fill of large yellows...too bad the whites never showed up all year.
Can't wait for the ice to bust up so I can sling some weight from shore.
Here's to next year!!!!!!
VTgooseman
Species: Fish with Teeth!

Post by VTgooseman »

I may be able to sneek out of work early one day this week to make it out one last time but that will be it for me as well. Nice batch of flats.