Season so far

Check and share here for the latest ice fishing reports!
tiny

Season so far

Post by tiny »

I haven't had any amazing trips this year so I figured I would save up pictures from a bunch of trips and lump them in to one post. I've been getting out about once a week, mostly shorter jigging trips. The best part has been fishing with new buddies and getting to take two different friends out for their first ice fishing trips. I got a vexilar FL-18 last spring and have really been enjoying jigging with technology. I recently had three suspended fish and spent a good 30 minutes working them until I finally caught this monster crappie:

Here's a bunch of pictures from this season in no particular order:
First fish of the year on some really crappy ice after the big storm:

My brother in law had never ice fished before but had a really fun time and looked like a pro in no time
first ever ice fish:

Nice seed that was just under master angler

Another buddy with a big perch

And a big smallmouth

Another friend with his first ice fish

I'm going out again on Sunday, hoping to rid the lake of white perch and fill up some space in my freezer.
Del Gue
Species: Salmon, Pike, Lake Trout

Re: Season so far

Post by Del Gue »

Good to see you back on the ice Joe! This has been a strange year. Great ice and cold temps then 50 degrees and the ice is gone. The ol' fishing holes are still ok but the deep water fishing on the main lake has been a bust so far for me. Still a little fishing left, we will see.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will go buy a boat.