where should i go?

Check and share here for the latest ice fishing reports!
tuckhunts87
Species: salmon, lakers, bass, pike

where should i go?

Post by tuckhunts87 »

i want to go hit the ice on sunday but dnt have the slightest idea where i should go.... i'd like to try for salmon an lakers or mabey walleye depending on where people have been fishing.
swallowmypride
Species: walleye

Re: where should i go?

Post by swallowmypride »

tuckhunts87 wrote:i want to go hit the ice on sunday but dnt have the slightest idea where i should go.... i'd like to try for salmon an lakers or mabey walleye depending on where people have been fishing.
Me too, I am just looking for safe ice for a wheeler...... ;)
Fishdawg
Species: Salmon

Post by Fishdawg »

The outer bay has given up some lakers and walleye. The possibility for a salmon is there as well. Folks were driving vehicles on it last weekend so I would think a wheeler would still be OK.
tuckhunts87
Species: salmon, lakers, bass, pike

Post by tuckhunts87 »

the outer bay of mallets?
mudchuck
Species: perch

Post by mudchuck »

I walked from Van Everest all the way to the Savage Island reef last Friday (02-15-13) and the ice is a solid 12" all the way across.
Loads od dead alewives under the ice.
No pressure cracks all the way across until you get to the drop off on the edge of the reef on the northwest corner, the crack was huge enough that I steered clear of it.
Fishing was slow all day, 6 jumbo yellows, 3 dozen throw back less than 7" and 2 white perch 7-9"
Fished both sides of the sea, shallow and deep.
Hoping tomorrow is a good bite, tight lines!!!
tiny

Post by tiny »

mudchuck wrote:I walked from Van Everest all the way to the Savage Island reef last Friday (02-15-13) and the ice is a solid 12" all the way across.
Loads od dead alewives under the ice.
No pressure cracks all the way across until you get to the drop off on the edge of the reef on the northwest corner, the crack was huge enough that I steered clear of it.
Fishing was slow all day, 6 jumbo yellows, 3 dozen throw back less than 7" and 2 white perch 7-9"
Fished both sides of the sea, shallow and deep.
Hoping tomorrow is a good bite, tight lines!!!
Thanks for the report, I'm going to check cowbanks on Sunday and see if the white perch are biting yet. Last I heard there were still clouds of alewives throughout the water column and the white perch weren't biting.