Ice Reports?

Check and share here for the latest ice fishing reports!
swallowmypride
Species: walleye

Ice Reports?

Post by swallowmypride »

Can anyone post about the ice conditions. I want to try to get a new comer out this weekend and am not sure where to bring him where the ice will be safe for a 4 wheeler and maybe if we hold our mouth just right we may catch some yellow bellys.

I have gone to Milton west shore the past 3 weeks and the first week there was 6-8 inches the second time (after the stupid heat wave) it was more like 4-5", last Sunday it was a good 10-12" and we were able to get around on the four wheeler, but the bite was terrible.....

Any information would be greatly appreciated, I don't want to scare the guy so he never goes out again and I want him to catch something, of course not as much as me, but something... :lol:
Captain Paul
Species: lake trout,salmon,panfish

Re: Ice Reports?

Post by Captain Paul »

Most places that have been froze for a while are ok for four wheelers there is 10 to 15 inches in most places as far catching yellow perch the bite has bee n on and off mallets bay has produced some good catches sand bar hasn'tbeen that good the gut has been decent at times and st albans bay has been decent