White Perch run is on!

Check and share here for the latest ice fishing reports!
lingcod
Species: burbot, whitefish

White Perch run is on!

Post by lingcod »

Hathaway Point in St. Alban's Bay near Kill Kare State Park. Folks are catching all they care to keep (or sell). I find them to be great eating, although many others would disagree!
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Re: White Perch run is on!

Post by jimbow »

Wish I was closer...Even if i didn't keep them, they are scrappy little devils and fun to catch. it would break this cabin fever and get out for some fresh air and exercise.
mudchuck
Species: perch

Post by mudchuck »

I wouldn't trust the ice after today.
Sawyer
Species: All

Post by Sawyer »

I was up there yesterday and had a blast catching whits but it is close to being over for this year. As For next year Jimbow you should do whit Traci and i do. We go up and get a motel room for a night or too go out for breakfast and fish for the day go to a nice dinner or go to the Chinese Buffet it makes for a nice inexpensive and non rushed trip.
jimbow
Species: Salmon & anything that swims

Post by jimbow »

Don, maybe you and Traci can meet me some where on "your side" of the state line and we can do that together next year, that would be a really nice trip. Maybe we can convince Fishy to tag along too.
Sawyer

Post by Sawyer »

Sounds good Jimbow that would be fun.
wesson357
Species: trout

Post by wesson357 »

Is the White perch fishing is still good on this area in open water? For how long? I would like to introduce some children's to fishing not far from the border. Any others locations i should try?
Thanks
Sawyer

Post by Sawyer »

We fished the bay in June for whits and had good luck. We filled a big cooler. We have fished in several spots in the IS with good results. Our favorite way to fish whits is drifting with a small flasher and a size 4 hook about 6 inches from the flasher with a worm or night crawler. When you find some you can anchor.
we had a big fish fry of whits last night OMG their so good"""""
EagleCrag
Species: Trout/Salmon

Post by EagleCrag »

Is there an area on the NY side where the white perch congregate in the spring before ice out? In that they are an invasive, I wouldn't think these locations would be closely held. Also, from what I read on the regulations, NY and VT licenses are reciprocal on LC except for the Inland Sea. So if I'm from NY and go to Vermont and enter the ice from there can I assume that a VT license isn't required?
Wdrnr
Species: Salmon Lakers, warm if needed

Post by Wdrnr »

Non resident anglers would need a Vt non res license to fish any of the inland sea.