Fishville north

Check and share here for the latest ice fishing reports!
Wdrnr
Species: Salmon Lakers, warm if needed

Fishville north

Post by Wdrnr »

My fish partner and I headed out to what limited ice this year has given us due to the wind and warm weather. Six - eight inches is pretty thin for Late January. Anyway, a good 20" min hike out to the furthest part of the piece of ice put us in a quiet area devoid of gas augers . Three holes and we both filled our 2-3 buckets a piece. A good mix of medium s to jumbos, a little surprising for the area . Tweet tweet.
Reelax
Site Admin
Species: Salmon, steelhead, brown trout

Re: Fishville north

Post by Reelax »

What speed where you Trollin.?
Matt B
thayercrazy8
Species: cold

Post by thayercrazy8 »

Wdrnr wrote:My fish partner and I headed out to what limited ice this year has given us due to the wind and warm weather. Six - eight inches is pretty thin for Late January. Anyway, a good 20" min hike out to the furthest part of the piece of ice put us in a quiet area devoid of gas augers . Three holes and we both filled our 2-3 buckets a piece. A good mix of medium s to jumbos, a little surprising for the area . Tweet tweet.
sounds like that was a fun day...was wondering where you parked...would love to try that area...thankyou
Wdrnr

Post by Wdrnr »

That was last winter thru a private access that has since closed... took a quick tour up thru the islands yesterday. Most of the Gut is frozen, carry bay is frozen, fisherman were out (3). Alburg passage is closed in as well as north west of the alburg cc. Looks to be frozen all the way to Canada.
Keelers bay in closed in close to shore out to Kellogg isle. Sandbar south frozen to the drop off.
thayercrazy8
Species: cold

Post by thayercrazy8 »

Wdrnr wrote:That was last winter thru a private access that has since closed... took a quick tour up thru the islands yesterday. Most of the Gut is frozen, carry bay is frozen, fisherman were out (3). Alburg passage is closed in as well as north west of the alburg cc. Looks to be frozen all the way to Canada.
Keelers bay in closed in close to shore out to Kellogg isle. Sandbar south frozen to the drop off.
Thankyou...hope u have a great season was carrie frozen way out to breakwater,,,thanks again
Wdrnr

Post by Wdrnr »

Yup looked to be all the way to the fill