shelburne bay

Check and share here for the latest Bass fishing reports.
will nolan (swilly)
Species: whatever bites!

shelburne bay

Post by will nolan (swilly) »

fish are stacking up along the out crops both sides as they do this time of year. i lost count we caught so many. massive pike are around as well. broke off so many. hooked in to some sheephead as well. huge schools of them.
Will nolan "swilly"
jg845
Species: all

Re: shelburne bay

Post by jg845 »

Will, thx for all the post on bass and pike!!!! I am new to the site today and saw your update. we spent some time last week down south in Shoreham on Watch PT. The rain had the waters high and dirty but we still managed lots of nice Large mouth(tubes and senko's) and 6 big pike(spinnerbaits). my next trip I want to fish Shelburne area and am wondering what the out crops are???(IS IT A PLACE OR JUST THE POINTS) in the bay? any info would be greatly appreciated. thx again for all your posts!!!!

JG
will nolan (swilly)

along the right side of shelburne along the shore are what i believe to be breakwalls that divide property in the water. alot of rocks and boulders to fish against. with all the rain, some are above and some are below the water. so keep your eyes open. they are tight along the rocks and out into 10 feet of water. both sides of the bay. tubes craws and curly tails in pumpkin , smoke, and watermelon work for me. good luck and my pleasure.
Will nolan "swilly"
mudchuck
Species: perch

Post by mudchuck »

Will,
I have a co-worker relatively new to fishing that I'd really like to put on some slammer pike as that's all he talks about and he's never gotten into a northern larger than 16"
I don't have a boat so would like to keep the paddling to a minimum if possible.
Anyway to access with a canoe along the shoreline from Inn Rd.? I believe that would put us in close to those outcrops you mention.
Thinking about going after work tomorrow.
Any insight would be appreciated!
Mudchuck
will nolan (swilly)

yes go left into the bay and fish down shoreline between the boats. from time to time youll come into some grassy areas thats where ive hooked up. cant promise theyll be around but they have when ive been that last few times this week. good luck. if weather permits id paddle over to other side and fish around the island. it generally will hold some good pike. theres been schools of sheephead around as well. savage island just outside keeler bay holds alot of pike as well good luck
Will nolan "swilly"