Bass Fishing North 11/8-Last Hurrah

Check and share here for the latest Bass fishing reports.
rvq
Species: bass

Bass Fishing North 11/8-Last Hurrah

Post by rvq »

I've been wanting to get out one last time. I was out of town doing the college tour thing Thurs. & Fri. so I was looking forward to last weekend. Lake wind advisories were posted Sat., Sun. & Mon. Nice temps, but too much wind. Tues. was going to be warm and little wind, saith NOAA. Thinking hope they aren't wrong again, I awaited Tues. AM. Looking good. I had a dentist appointment in the morning so I didn't get on the water until 10:30 AM. As I headed out of St. Albans Bay I immediately got into some rough water. Here we go again NOAA I thought. Within 30-40 minutes it became very calm. Thank you.

My mission was SM so I decided to hit as many SM spots that time would allow. I figured the fish to be bunched so I reasoned that I wouldn't spend a lot of time fishing a spot, If I didn't get bit pretty quick. In the next 3 1/2 hrs I hit 7 spots and caught a total of 4 fish for about 6-7 lbs. Oh well, it's Nov. and I'm out fishing and that is what counts.

Time to give on SM and try to rescue my day. I decided to head back into St. Albans Bay to a spot that I have had success with LM in the past in Nov. I Wasn't there long when I noticed bait fish being chased to the surface. Trolling motor on high and off I go. I repeated the process of chasing bait fish for the next 1 1/2 hrs and boated 15 with only one under 2 lbs. I could have kept catching, but it was starting to get dark and I had to take my daughter to soccer practice in S. Burlington.

A nice finish to the season. Can't wait for next year. Anyone want to go South this winter to fish a few days? Trying to find a way to avoid withdrawal symptoms.

For those who could not get out it looked like this:

Best of day 4 lb.

Bob
lungelarry
Species: bass.musky

Re: Bass Fishing North 11/8-Last Hurrah

Post by lungelarry »

Great day to be on the water,good report .
" Never Let'em See You Smile"
raz
Site Admin
Species: Coldwater fishes!!!

Post by raz »

Glad you enjoyed your season finale Bob. Great pics of the lake.

By "South" did you mean Crown Point? :mrgreen:
Catch and serve with lemon.
Gerry
rvq
Species: bass

Post by rvq »

Raz wrote:Glad you enjoyed your season finale Bob. Great pics of the lake.

Nah. South-South as in Lake Okeechobee. Been there several times in Feb. It breaks up the Winter and makes a better transition from one season to the next. Thinking of going again'

Bob
Brian
Species: fin fish

Post by Brian »

rvq wrote:
Raz wrote:Glad you enjoyed your season finale Bob. Great pics of the lake.

Nah. South-South as in Lake Okeechobee. Been there several times in Feb. It breaks up the Winter and makes a better transition from one season to the next. Thinking of going again'

Bob
Gee, I thought you just wanted to to to Whitehall. :lol:
Thanks for the good posts of your season Bob. If you do get "south", post a few lines for those of us looking down into 6" circles in the ice.
Got bass thumb?
digitroll (ron)

Post by digitroll (ron) »

Nice last hurrah Bob! I bet you can get someone to go South this Winter. Brian? That would be a great report from Florida.
vtbassin
Species: Iwill happily reel in any fish

Post by vtbassin »

Nice last outing Bob. The lake looks smooth as glass. It won't be long till it is smooth and hard as glass. Then Florida will sound great!
Champlainbaits
Species: Bass - Pike - Bowfin

Post by Champlainbaits »

Nice fish! I'm hoping to get out one more time this weekend. Then I think the kayak is going away for the winter.
For some people it's "one more drink" or "one more bet" for me the lie is "just one more cast" :)