Inland Sea Sunday 10/23

Check and share here for the latest Bass fishing reports.
mjh
Species: bass

Inland Sea Sunday 10/23

Post by mjh »

My name is Mike from East Montpelier. Bob (rvq) and I fished Sunday 10/23 in his boat and he asked me to report on this forum. I already reported on the Vt Bass From. From now on I'll report on both forums.

Bob (rvq) invited me to fish with him in his boat on Sunday. We launched out of St. Albans Bay at 9:30 and quit just before 4:30. We did not go very far. The wind was moderate SW and the air temperature was in the high 40's. Water temp reached 57.

We concentrated on rocky areas near shore with water depth 4-6 feet. At first we fished an island where the rocks stick out well into the water. We got into fish right away. Then we moved slightly east and fished up the shoreline. We found the best fishing around secondary points and sometimes in between points when the points were close together.

Both of us used a wacky 5" Senko most of the day. My casts with crankbait and spinnerbait did not produce even one strike. I used Senkos with various kinds of flake and I think Bob did the same.

Our best fish were 4.25# SM, 3.50# LM, and 3.25# SM. We caught quality fish all day, a lot of them 2.75-3#.

Our count for the day was 55-60 bass.

Sea Hare
Species: all species

Re: Inland Sea Sunday 10/23

Post by Sea Hare »

It sounds like you guys had a great day on the Lake. Nice pics and nice fish.
Thanks

BB :)
It's not just a unit of measure !
Gecha (Gerry)
Species: whatever crazy enough to bite

Post by Gecha (Gerry) »

Welcome to fhe forum Mike.

Great report and pics.
Gecha (Gerry North of the Border)
goodbrewing
Species: Bass

Post by goodbrewing »

I saw you guys out by Burton Island around 4ish. I was in the aluminum open bow that fished the side by the pumps out to the point while you were on the other side. It was a great afternoon to be on the lake. I hope for a couple more before winter.
rvq
Species: bass

Post by rvq »

goodbrewing wrote:I saw you guys out by Burton Island around 4ish. I was in the aluminum open bow that fished the side by the pumps out to the point while you were on the other side. It was a great afternoon to be on the lake. I hope for a couple more before winter.
We hope to get out again too. Next time you see my boat stop by and say hi.

Bob
lungelarry
Species: bass.musky

Post by lungelarry »

Great report, I love that zone :D
" Never Let'em See You Smile"
goodbrewing
Species: Bass

Post by goodbrewing »

rvq wrote: We hope to get out again too. Next time you see my boat stop by and say hi.

Bob
Will do. It doesn't sound like this weekend will be calm enough but time will tell.