Bass tagged in Plattsburgh caught off North Hero

Check and share here for the latest Bass fishing reports.
Champlain Angler
Species: Any and all fish

Bass tagged in Plattsburgh caught off North Hero

Post by Champlain Angler »

Of interest to some who are concerned that tournament released largemouth are not moving out of the immediate area they're released in... A client caught a nice largemouth today about 3.75 pounds that was tagged in Plattsburgh this summer. The fish was caught on a spinnerbait on the south end of North Hero. The bass likely crossed over deep water in the main lake, unless of course it was culled there. If it was culled, the angler who released it had a real nice sack! I was also told by one fisheries authority that about a month after the fish were tagged in Plattsburgh some had made it as far south as Ausable Point. Apparently some largemouth do disperse. I am cautious about jumping to conclusions without final study data, but anxious to hear determinations when information is officially released. A picture of that bass and other fish caught recently can be seen on the Lake Champlain Angler Fishing Charters Facebook page link which can be accessed from the website below...
rvq
Species: bass

Re: Bass tagged in Plattsburgh caught off North Hero

Post by rvq »

Very interesting. Most studies that I have seen say that LM won't travel far from release point, but SM will.

Bob
vtbass
Species: Bass, Northern Pike, Muskie

Post by vtbass »

All those studies are generalizations for the preponderance of data. It certainly doesn't mean that every single largemouth hunkers down at the release site. As with everything in science, there will always be outliers that defie the norm.
webertime
Species: Bass

Post by webertime »

I was fishing a tournament the 2nd weekend of October and a guy weighed in a nice 2+lber with a Plattsburgh tag in it's back. He said he caught it in the "Gut" by far the "coolest" fish of the tournament.