Burlington area shore fishing advice?

Check and share here for the latest Bass fishing reports.
Shoreguy
Species: Bass

Burlington area shore fishing advice?

Post by Shoreguy »

Hi all,

We are in the area for a few days and my six year old is hoping to catch a bass from lake Champlain. No boat..... Just a rod, some senkos and an excited future bass master. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions on some good lake access in the burlington area to see if we can get him hooked up. We have a car and would be willing to drive some too.... Thanks so much!
Boatless in BTV
Species: Anything that bites

Re: Burlington area shore fishing advice?

Post by Boatless in BTV »

I would suggest trying the Colchester Causeway bikepath (http://colchestervt.gov/Recreation/Causeway.html). I do a lot of my fishing there, and the smallmouths are usually fairly cooperative. If you park in the lot on Mills Point Road, it's about a mile walk out to the bridge pictured in the bottom left on the link above. That's a good place to start.

If you're willing to spend a few bucks, you could also rent a rowboat at the Auer Family Boathouse and try the Winooski River near its mouth. There are usually bass of both species (plus some pike) hiding among the sunken trees along the banks of the lower portions of the river. The boathouse is located at the very end of North Avenue in the New North End of Burlington.

Hope that helps, and good luck!
Shoreguy

Post by Shoreguy »

Boatless in BTV wrote:I would suggest trying the Colchester Causeway bikepath (http://colchestervt.gov/Recreation/Causeway.html). I do a lot of my fishing there, and the smallmouths are usually fairly cooperative. If you park in the lot on Mills Point Road, it's about a mile walk out to the bridge pictured in the bottom left on the link above. That's a good place to start.

If you're willing to spend a few bucks, you could also rent a rowboat at the Auer Family Boathouse and try the Winooski River near its mouth. There are usually bass of both species (plus some pike) hiding among the sunken trees along the banks of the lower portions of the river. The boathouse is located at the very end of North Avenue in the New North End of Burlington.

Hope that helps, and good luck!
Thanks for the info! Much appreciated...
Shoreguy

Post by Shoreguy »

Well we caught 6 Smallies off the bridge on the causeway trail! Little guy had a blast. Best part was there were bass pros practice fishing for their tournament this week. Fish came on a green pumpkin Yamamoto kut tail worm on a jig head. Thanks again!
Boatless in BTV
Species: Anything that bites

Post by Boatless in BTV »

Shoreguy wrote:Well we caught 6 Smallies off the bridge on the causeway trail! Little guy had a blast. Best part was there were bass pros practice fishing for their tournament this week. Fish came on a green pumpkin Yamamoto kut tail worm on a jig head. Thanks again!
I'm glad to hear you guys had a good time!